Kapnick Insurance Group is looking for a creative individual to help lead their marketing and corporate communications department. If you are a motivated self-starter with an eagle eye for detail, and enjoy creative freedom, we want to meet you. Kapnick is the top privately owned insurance broker in Michigan with international reach. The marketing department helps articulate and promote the Kapnick brand of expertise and a culture of fun through various media channels. Individuals who work at Kapnick experience a fun, fast-paced environment, filled with rewards for hard work and meeting company goals.
Amount of Travel Required:
Up to 20%
Act as the creative lead and design advocate for Kapnick Insurance Group and assist in the planning, directing and coordination of marketing and communication of Kapnick and its products and services.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Bring strong creative leadership to all project stages from proposal and execution, to delivery and presentation.
- Leverage strong business acumen to understand our client's businesses and the challenges they are facing, and articulate these challenges using graphics and marketing collateral.
- Transform data into a compelling story, which is easy to understand and is visually appealing.
- Assist sales with creation of presentations and sales collateral.
- Manage deadlines and workload in a fast-paced environment requiring flexibility and resourcefulness.
- Create videos, graphics, logos, social media content, newsletters, and client support materials using a variety of mediums.
- Manage website design and maintenance for kapnick.com, Kapnick SharePoint, and other add-on service's sites as needed.
- Create, find, and maintain images, photos, and previous work products for graphic development.
- Provide client service support with the creation of client specific materials.
- Organize and update resource libraries with most current and up to date materials.
- Understand and manage trademarks and copyrights.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Communication - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken and written word.
- Confidentiality - Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in accordance with Kapnick privacy guidelines including but not limited to HIPAA/HITECH as it relates to all divisions of Kapnick Insurance.
- Conceptual Thinking - Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
- Creative - Ability to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
- Initiative - Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Presentation Skills - Ability to effectively present information publicly.
- Project Management - Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Teamwork - Ability to be part of a team and work cohesively to achieve goals.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Graphic Design, Marketing,Public Relations, Communications, Media Studies, or equivalent
Business or sales minor/focus a plus
0 plus years of experience in a marketing or creative production environment required.
Leadership experience preferred. Business acumen preferred.
Have advanced skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Video creation, Adobe InDesign and Illustrator, and Microsoft Publisher. Have intermediate experience in Adobe Photoshop, WordPress, and Email Marketing. Previous experience with HubSpot, Pardot, or Constant Contact, and Microsoft SharePoint a plus.
Certifications & Licenses:
Excellent proof reading skills and attention to detail. An innovative, creative personality with the ability to multi-task and prioritize projects efficiently to meet deadlines.