Oversee Architecture and Engineering for all CVS Health Retail Pharmacy locations. Responsible for oversight of management of professional service external consultant budgets of $10M annually, that result in over $950M in construction capital spend. Oversight of internal team and external consultants in the creation of project specific architectural and engineering design, drawings, documentation and specifications (including architectural, mechanical, electrical, structural, civil, and environmental) for CVS Health Retail locations. The scope of work includes site design, building design, signage and branding elements for all proposed New and Relocation stores as well as all remodels, special projects and initiatives for over 9,000 retail and pharmacy locations, as well as hundreds of Buy & Operate and File Buy remodels. This role is critical to realizing the enterprise growth strategy of retail, pharmacy and health services.
Lead internal Architecture & Engineering Retail Team, consisting of architects, designers, engineers, and support staff in the creation of our retail stores and service environments to ensure the CVS Health brand nationally. Provide performance reviews and ongoing feedback to ensure team development.
Lead the design and creation of over 100 New Stores and 3000+ remodels/special projects & rollouts annually, resulting in $950M construction spend annually, including site design, building design and signage, and in-store environments including Front Store, Pharmacy, Minute Clinic, Optometry, Audiology, Photo Lab and customer service areas.
- Responsible for effectively managing within soft cost budgets totaling over $10 million annually.
- Oversight of and responsibility for project specific training, management, and assignments of over 60 external Architectural, MEP Engineering and Civil engineering firms across the country.
- Responsible for management of $8.5M soft cost capital budget, and developing Strategy for resources, workloads and assignments.
- Determine scope of projects and partner with real estate and operations to realize Buy & Operate and File/Buy remodels and expansions.
- Oversight of the technical architectural & engineering drawings, specifications and permit documentation, determining project scope of work, A&E deliverables and schedules.
- Bachelor Degree and/or 10+ years retail design/construction project management experience.
- Willing to travel 25%.
- Experience in Design, Architecture, Engineering, and associated processes.
- Preparing Architectural & Engineering technical drawings and documentation for groups during projects’ design and construction document phases, which includes quality control, formatting, proofreading, standardizing, and producing/ reviewing various submittals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, design, and problem solving skills as well as appreciation and sensitivity to architectural design intent and constructability.
- Experience leading teams, both internal as well as external consultants
- A strong experience in a variety of construction types and a good understanding of construction documents, specifications, materials, and processes are required
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to influence others, comfortable presenting at City Design Review boards, Planning commissions to represent CVS Health and the brand.
- Positive attitude with proven proficiency working collaboratively within a team setting
- Strong work ethic, ability to work efficiently and with accuracy, takes responsibility for own work
- Self-motivated individual capable of assuming increasing responsibility for both current and future projects
- Experienced AutoCAD and BIM (Revit) user, working knowledge of basic Excel, Word, Photoshop and Po8. Determine project scope and quality of deliverables; concept design, schematic design, design development, and construction documents to ensure permit submittals on time and within budget.
- Ensure CVS brand consistency and project delivery across our retail environments, through leadership, influence and partnership with Business Sponsor, Real Estate, Developers, Construction Directors, Construction Project Managers, and Program Management team.
- Provide architectural design and technical direction to internal business partners and external consultants.
- Responsible for developing and presenting design drawings, documents, 3D renderings, identifying opportunities and resolving concerns to gain approval of projects from municipalities, planning boards and design review boards. Provide guidance on planning and permitting approach.
- Key influencer in continual Value Engineering and cost savings exercises (NSCI).werPoint.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Master's of Architectural, Engineering, or Interior Design Degree preferred.
It’s a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or email@example.com. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.