School: Epstein Hebrew Academy
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Position: School Office Manager, Receptionist, Secretary
The H.F. Epstein Hebrew Academy, located in Olivette, MO, is seeking a friendly, organized, and talented office manager to faciliate operations in our main office. Our small class sizes and loving environment make Epstein Hebrew Academy a great opportunity for someone looking for a long-term career in a school-based setting.
Description, Responsibilities, & Duties
Epstein Hebrew Academy (EHA) is a small private Orthodox Jewish day school in St. Louis, MO serving students in Early Childhood through 8th grade. Our students come from all backgrounds and are engaged in a nurturing, child-centered environment dedicated to cutting-edge best practices in Judaic and General studies. Our small class sizes and professional culture make EHA an outstanding work environment.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
Epstein Hebrew Academy’s Office Manager is the "face of the school" welcoming a continual flow of contact with students, teachers, administrators and the parent body. The Office Manager assists in establishing the proper atmosphere for the school and perform other related tasks as required and listed below:
- Establish a warm and welcoming atmosphere for the school.
- Effectively and efficiently operates office machines and computers.
- Independently compose and distribute a variety of materials, such as letters, memorandums, bulletins, requisitions, reports and correspondence.
- Establish and maintain comprehensive and accurate files and records and prepare concise and complete reports as required.
- Receive and respond to inquiries from office visitors and telephone contacts.
- Requisition, order and maintain an adequate inventory of office and kitchen supplies and instructional materials.
- Maintain and coordinate multiple calendars to include school administrators and school events.
- Administer first aid and medication and notify the proper authorities and parents in the case of illness or accident.
- Coordinate mailings and paper work for admissions, report cards, special events and student files.
- Coordinate and help with special events throughout the school year
- High school diploma required with some college-level work preferred
- At least two years of work in an office environment; preferred experience as a school office manager, administrative professional, or in customer service
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Google applications; knowledge of school-based software systems preferred.
- Organized and systems-oriented required
- Strong customer service attitude even under stressful situations with frequent interruptions is required
- Previous experience and/or current skills must include:
- ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team;
- demonstrated leadership qualities and ability to maintain integrity;
- ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion;
- ability to build a cohesive team and be flexible;
- knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices and programming;
- sensitivity to cultural differences; ability to create a positive and harmonious workplace;
- ability to understand individual learning styles and their influence on the well-being of the classroom and climate of Epstein Hebrew Academy.
- Competitive benefits and salary commensurate with experience.
Please send the following documents to Anthony Graham, Academic Principal (agraham @ eha.org)
- Cover Letter
- Writing Sample
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage candidates with diverse experience or background to apply.
Job Type: Full-time