- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- TS/SCI Clearance
- DoD 8570
Cyber Security/Risk Management Lead (Polygraph Clearance) - (00051776)
Are you looking to apply your cyber-security and risk management skills to have a positive impact on national security? If so, join MITRE in supporting the National Space Program's most challenging mission sets. Work with a team of highly experienced professionals and make a real difference by contributing to the improvement of national security.
The Reconnaissance Systems Engineering and Integration Department is looking for an Information Assurance (IA)/Cyber Security Specialist to support the National Space Program (NSP) within MITRE. Work inside the Intelligence Community (IC) and take a lead role in supporting a variety of initiatives to improve IA and cyber security across cutting edge systems and a diverse set of stakeholders. A key component of this role, as an IA /Cyber Security Subject Matter Expert (SME), is to provide programmatic and technical security support to a Government program by implementing and complying with enterprise security requirements.
In addition, act as a Program Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) who provides support for a system or enclave's information assurance program through security authorization activities in compliance with Risk Management Framework (RMF). Maintain an operational security posture to ensure information systems (IS) security policies, standards, and procedures are established and followed. Have proficiency with each step of RMF and completion of critical deliverables (e.g., System Security Plan (SSP), Security Controls Traceability Matrix (SCTM), Certification Test Plans (CTP)) throughout to build an acceptable body of evidence (BOE), with the ability to provide proper and accurate guidance to supporting stakeholders. Interact with Program leadership to manage IA/cyber security activities and risks in support of overall program success.
The candidate will be expected to:
- Work closely with Program leadership and cyber security leaders from multiple stakeholder organizations to prioritize and plan IA and RMF activities;
- Gain a thorough understanding of the customer's mission, environment, and critical challenges and be able to use this information to scope, prioritize, plan, and execute IA / cyber security activities in accordance with RMF;
- Work to develop, negotiate, and communicate plans for Program systems in support of RMF compliance;
- Lead working groups to complete RMF deliverables;
- Maintain a technical understanding and awareness of deployed security capabilities to evaluate implemented security controls/requirements;
- Use or obtain knowledge in how other members of the IC community are performing risk management and identify best practices to incorporate at the customer space;
- Have a good understanding of government acquisition processes and program management considerations to enable successful implementation of RMF improvements.
- Have familiarity with IC policies and process, those that involve cyber security and risk management;
- Build and sustain a trusted relationship with the customer and stakeholders
- BS/BA Degree, TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph;
- Eight years related experience in working with the risk management framework, NIST 800-53, and ICD 503;
- Cyber security domain experience with emphasis on facilitating systems through the RMF;
- Strong ability to negotiate required tasks and schedules with Program and Directorate leadership;
- Proven ability to provide objective solutions and recommendations to address customer challenges;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; effective technical presentation skills;
- Ability to communicate at technical, programmatic, and executive levels;
- Self-starter, with an eagerness to work with ambiguity and imperfect information;
- CISSP or DoD 8570.01 IAT Level 2 or 3 / IAM Level 2 or 3 equivalent.
- Advanced technical degree (e.g., Master of Science or other technical area);
- Strong background and familiarity with IC missions;
- 10 plus years of IA / cyber security experience with half of that supporting RMF, authorization process, and the associated (e.g., NIST 800-53, ICD-503, FIPS-199, CNSSI 1253) security control sets and overlays;
- Experience working high level cyber security issues with senior managers and at CISO/CIO levels;
- Experience implementing and assessing security controls.
Chantilly, Virginia 20151-3707
This requisition requires a clearance of:
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Nov 15, 2018, 7:22:42 AM