How have YOU impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The BMET I is responsible for providing support functions, preventive maintenance, and minor repair on medical equipment.
A day in the life of a Bio-Medical technician at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
Maintains inventory of repair parts, supplies and technical manuals.
- Orders repair parts and/or components and supplies as required.
- Performs incoming inspections on new, trial and demonstration equipment before they are placed into patient service.
Oversee incoming and outgoing equipment for repair and maintain equipment log.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections procedures to optimize performance, reliability, and projected life expectancy of Medical Center instrumentation.
- Documents and refer nonconforming items to the Bio-Medical Engineering Laboratory for repair.
- Executes pick-ups and delivers instrumentations to the various hospital units for service and/or preventive maintenance, or supplies and equipment from local vendors as directed.
Performs minor repairs on defective instrumentation under the direction of the senior technologist. Conducts and documents performance tests to ensure that equipment is functioning properly before returning to patient service.
- Lifts a minimum of 50 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 50 lbs. and stands a minimum of 6.0 hours a day.
Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
A minimum of 2 years experience working in healthcare with familiarity of medical devices.
- Exhibits a basic understanding and can communicate the use of devices supported.
Can provide basic support of acuity equipment for direct patient care.
Is familiar with the operations and environment that they support (hospital, clinic, etc.).
- Has minimal experience in their assigned clinical environment.
Valid and current Driver's License in NJ
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Some college education in a technical field.
3-5 years technical/scientific experience.