Southwest Houston Area Country Club
Full-time Salaried Position
The ExecutiveChef is directly responsible for the daily supervision, management anddirection of the kitchen operation. Theposition requires practical creativity to provide a wide variety of innovativecuisine while maintaining profit goals. A thorough knowledge of food handling and preparation techniques isessential. The EC is required to have ahands-on approach to training all team members in the importance of consistencyin both production and presentation. Direct responsibilities include daily supervision of the food productionschedule, staffing, and hiring of all culinary personnel, management of thevariable kitchen operating costs including food and labor, culinary eventstaffing and inventory management, product ordering, sanitation and safety.
This is an exempt, salaried position.
Essential Job Functions: *including butnot limited to*
- Budget management in all financial areas – monitor,analyze and control all food, labor and operating costs. Forecasts, plan,purchase, and receive for needs of business. Completes an accurate inventory each month.
- Is self-motivated and has the ability to mentor, train, inspire and leadindividuals throughout the organization. Completes timely performanceevaluations.
- A skilled communicator, professional andpersonable demeanor and approachable manner are important pre-requisitequalities.
- The ability to make critical choices in menudevelopment with a very “hands on” approach with staff.
- Must have solid culinary knowledge and iswell-rounded in both ala carte and banquet operations.
- Expected to be visible and engaged with ourmembers as often as possible. He/shewill contribute to the approach, visit tables throughout dining service, attendmeetings and maintain visibility during special events.
- Competent in organizational and time managementskills. Has the ability to demonstrategood judgement, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Working knowledge of food and wine pairings is aplus.
- Knowledge on safety, sanitation and accidentprevention principles.
- Develops standard recipes and techniques forfood preparation and presentation that help assure consistently high qualityand to minimize food costs; exercise portion control for all items served andassists in establishing menu selling prices.
- Cooks and directly supervises the cooking itemsthat require skillful preparation.
- Evaluates food products to assure that qualitystandards are consistently attained.
- Consults with the catering department about foodproduction aspects of special events being planned.
- Attends BEO meetings.
- Interacts with the food and beverage managementteam to ensure that food production consistently exceeds the expectations ofmembers and guests.
- Evaluates products to assure that quality, priceand related goods are met.
- Develops policies and procedures to enhance andmeasure quality; continually updates written policies and procedures to reflectstate-of-the-art techniques, equipment and terminology.
- Recommends compensation rates and increases forkitchen staff.
- Establishes and maintains a regular cleaning andmaintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
- Motivates and develops staff, including cross-trainingand promotion of personnel.
- Periodically visits all food service outlets,including member dining area.
- Hosts taste panels to assess feasibility ofproposed menu items with members of the Senior Leadership team.
- Establishes buffet presentations.
- Maintains physical presence during times of highbusiness volume.
- Implements safety training programs; managesOSHA-related aspects of kitchen safety and maintains MSDS in easily accessiblelocation.
- Understands and consistently follows propersanitation practices including those for personal hygiene.
- Performs other appropriate assignments andprojects as required by the Food and Beverage Director and/or
- A minimum five (5) years’ culinary experience in the hospitality industry.
- A thorough working knowledge and ability to create a variety of cuisines to include local and regional trends
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to problem solve in a timely, respectful and efficient manner
- A progressive career path marked with responsibility, stability and verifiable accomplishment as a team leader.
Afour-year culinary or related hospitality degree preferred
Employeroffers a competitive salary and performance bonus potential.
Professionaldues and education expenses with an emphasis on continuing education.
Standardexecutive benefits to include health insurance and 401K participation.
Job Type: Full-time
- culinary: 5 years (Required)
Hours per Week:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused