Duties may generally be described as developing electro-mechanical design solutions, production files, parts& assembly drawings, bills of material, assembly/installation instructions, for complex electro-mechanical products and packaged radiological instrumentation systems (component level through fully populated skids, Racks, JBs, & panels).
These tasks support current products, and must be executed in accordance with Quality Assurance (QA) practice and procedures. Specific job responsibilities & duties include the following, plus others which may be assigned:
- Develop detailed AUTOCAD electrical & mechanical designs, BOMs and work instructions for systems, components, and parts based upon customer specifications, product specifications, project and/or manager description/sketches.
- Provide electro-technical design solutions for project/product requirements utilizing established engineering practices, work procedures and prevailing industry standards
- Assess engineering resources (time and material) required to conceptualize, produce, and complete electro-technical design package.
- Assure that allotted time for completing a task is accomplished accurately and in full within the assigned time frame.
- Assure conformance to design specifications
- Support project activities by assisting in the generation of procurement specifications, assisting assembly technicihans and test engineers with their activities, etc.
Maintain and improve technical competence by:
- Completing required training and performance programs successfully.
- Attending educational seminars, conferences, and workshops, as approved by supervisor.
- Staying current in new technical developments.
Company offers full benefits, 401K plan, overtime pay & a very competitive bonus schedule.
The following qualifications pertain to the Electrical Designer role:
- Associates degree in an engineering or technical discipline, preferably electrical engineering or design. A Bachelor’s degree is an advantage.
- 3 to 5 years of work experience in relevant electro-mechanical design including:
- Panel / cabinet / JB layouts, industrial/electrical design of components & systems, wiring diagrams, ladder diagrams, I&C, control circuit design, cabinet electrical layout, etc…
- Ability to use basic hand tools for instruments receipt inspection, set-up, adjustments, and instrument calibration.
- Proficiency and thorough work experience (minimum 3 years) in electro-mechanical design using Autocad (release 2013 and higher or Autocad Electrical).
- Demonstrated skill in the conceptual design, layout and wiring design of electro-technical products and enclosures.
- Skilled in the design and documentation of control panels & control enclosures, JB, etc…including point-to-point wiring diagrams, wiring schematics, logic diagrams, grounding practices, etc.
- Skilled in specifying components such as enclosures, JB, wires/cables, terminals, wire trays, ground bus, motors, motor starters, AC/DC power supplies, transformers, switches, relays, interlocks, circuit breakers, fuses, ground fault interrupters, PLC, PID controllers, timers, counters, sensors, signal converters, connectors, control lights, conduits, heat tracing, insulation, etc…
- Thorough knowledge of ANSI / ISA / NEMA / IEC electrical symbols and drafting standards. Acquaintance with ISO drafting standards is desirable.
- Familiar with electrical design conforming to the National Electric Code (NEC).
- Experienced in the creation of Bill of Material, change notices, product structure etc.
- Familiar with I/O analog and digital signal transmission, EMI, and signal protection/grounding practices.
Please send in M/S WORD format.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- AUTOCAD: 2 years (Required)