CURRICULUM & INSTRUCTION
235 work days
$63,339 - $76,006
Essential Functions and Objectives:
The Program Manager's chief responsibility will be the implementation of a mathematics strategic plan including defining workstreams, creating and managing critical deliverables, establishing year by year scope, overseeing communication efforts, and providing status for the streams of work related to the plan. This is a full-time position that will follow established project management processes and methodologies to ensure that the project is implemented on time, within budget, and to the defined scope and requirements.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
- Work with Mathematics Leadership team in managing secondary math professional learning including content development, communication with vendor(s), facilitation of math educator and central office team members learning, communication with secondary math teachers and other key stakeholders, observation of professional learning sessions in the field, and continuous improvement of professional learning resources and processes based on data.
- Assume responsibility for strategic implementation of the Mathematics Strategic Plan. Work closely with Senior Manager of Strategic Planning, Curriculum and Instruction, to ensure successful implementation. This includes development and monitoring of standard project documentation, including but not limited to stakeholder engagement, project plans, communication plans, milestone and status reports, resource plans, issues/risks, budget, and lessons learned.
- Serve as leader among mathematics leadership team and project team members by ensuring their understanding of the big picture, rationale for decision-making, and support for how individual work supports broader project goals.
- Regularly report status of program to leaders and stakeholders including scope, time, cost, and quality.
- Support the Senior Manager, Strategic Planning, and the Curriculum & Instruction Operations Team in identifying opportunities for increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of the department's work and implementing those opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with staff across departments and functions with the district, including but not limited to: Accountability, Research and Evaluation; Professional Development; Department of Secondary Education; school-based personnel including principals, instructional leadership teams, and teachers; external consultants and other partners focused on implementing the mathematics strategic plan.
- Collaborate and provide stakeholder input on development of key communications and deliverables throughout implementation of the program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of secondary mathematics curriculum and instruction.
- Meeting organization, facilitation, and appropriate follow up experience desirable.
- Expertise in communicating goals and urgency of a project with diverse, internal and external stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
- Ability to effectively resolve process blocks and conflicts through effective communication and leveraging relationships.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft products (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and MS Project).
- Knowledge of project management and program management best practices as applied to an education setting or similar environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a credible and confident manner at all levels in the organization, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to collaborate with others on challenging, time-sensitive projects as a team player.
- Skill at facilitating diverse teams in project implementation.
- K-12 Teacher experience required.
- PMP licensure preferred.