Job Title : VISION & ROBOTICS ENGINEER 1
Job Duties : GENERAL DESCRIPTION
Automated Solutions Group LLC (ASG) is currently seeking a Vision & Robotics Engineer 1 to join our company located in the Phoenix, AZ area. ASG LLC is a leader in the development of Robotic System and Material handling solutions in a wide variety of industries. ASG provides nationwide Automated Systems Design, Installation and Startup services and has recently relocated from Tucson, AZ to the greater Phoenix area to better service our customers and align our resources
The individual should have an interest in Robotics and in particular; an aptitude and interest for the development of high level vision imaging and computer language programming as outlined below in the job duties and responsibilities.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under direction of the Senior Engineer the Vison & Robotics Engineer will perform work related tasks in the following capacities:
- Machine vision hardware specification, integration, camera, lens, lighting and associated design as required for application.
- Machine vision software / algorithm development & programming.
- Factory automation controls design, integration, and programming.
- Electrical power systems and I/O schematics (primarily low voltage control systems)
- Hands-on electrical, mechanical and troubleshooting skills
- Project management project schedule and project budget, client and supplier relations
- Collaborating with clients, by participation in project meetings, scheduling and other duties typically required in an Industrial Project based setting.
- Develop typical supporting Project documentation such as specifications, drawings, manuals, instructional materials, or other typically found on an Industrial Project.
- Onsite startup support for the installation & commissioning of assigned Projects in the field following shop testing and validation.
DESIRED SKILLS & APTTITUDE:
- Hands-on mechanical and electrical skills. Experience with Variable Frequency Drives, and Control Panel Design is a plus.
- Field Startup & Commissioning Experience would be a plus.
- CAD experience or ability to learn commonly found software CAD packages such as Solidworks, AutoCAD, Catia, Sketchup etc.
- Image processing experience and algorithm development such as the use of commonly found software whether open source or other. Experience with OpenCV and Python would be a plus.
- Familiarity with both control system design and image system code development.
- Knowledge, service, or job experience in any of the following: industrial, manufacturing, fabrication, factory automation controls or other applicable experience.
- PLC, HMI, automation, control system design, programming experience including Allen Bradley, and Ignition, Factorytalk View SE/ ME would be a plus.
- Experience in programming, micro controllers, robotics, mechatronics, machine learning, imaging technology including the use of Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence packages such as Tensorflow, Keras etc. or other would be a plus.
- Experience with commonly found PC or Server operating systems such as Linux Ubuntu and Windows.
- Experience with Network and IT systems configuration, design and startup would be a plus for this position.
- Project management, scheduling, and budget experience
- Customer service and/or sales experience
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment on fast-track projects
- Self-directed and forward thinking
- Robust interpersonal, listening, questioning & communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong work ethic and dedication to following through on difficult tasks or projects with minimal information.
- Ability to learn hands-on; proficient troubleshooting skills both in the shop and in the field.
- Attention to detail and creative problem-solving skills both for imaging/vision and mechanical.
- Ability to multi-task and work cross-functionally on multiple projects and tasks some yet to be identified based on customer need.
- Mechanical design experience such as conveyor design, general material handling, or facility layout would be plus.
- Exhibits professional, ethical and socially responsible manner particularly when under pressure to commission and
- Ability to properly balance cost, schedule and quality of the delivered project
- Flexibility to perform various roles and responsibilities from day to day, ex. programming, project management, design, client interaction, etc.
- Equally respectful of others, regardless of their position
- Effectively prioritize workload to ensure deliverables are met for multiple projects simultaneously with varying scope
This person shall have 0-5 years of experience in the field of Vision and or Robotic/Mechatronics System engineering. The individual shall possess a Bachelor of Science Degree from an accredited University and shall be in a field closely related to the Job Qualifications listed above.
WORKING HOURS :
The individual selected for this position will be expected to work a Monday through Friday 40 hour per week schedule and during high project loads or field installations longer hours may be required.
SALARY RANGE : DOE
Job Type: Full-time
Required work authorization: