Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout—you just grab and go! Customers simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go!
Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology, which automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you are done shopping, you can just leave the store. Shortly after, we will charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our Just Walk Out Technology uses a variety of technologies including computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earths' most customer centric company, and we are just getting started. We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning, distributed systems and hardware design.
Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment that's more startup than a big company. We will need to tackle problems that span a variety of domains: computer vision, image recognition, machine learning, real-time and distributed systems.
You will tackle challenging, novel situations every day and, given the size of this initiative, you will have the opportunity to work with multiple technical teams at Amazon in different locations. You should be comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity and relish the idea of solving problems that haven't been solved at scale before. Along the way, we guarantee that you will learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on millions of people.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 6+ years’ experience in the consumer or industrial electronics industry as a mechanical design engineer.
- Hands-on experience with system development and product integration.
- Demonstrated knowledge of tooling and materials process validation (SPC, Cp, CpK)
- Demonstrated design experience integrating component modules (I/O, Displays, Batteries, PCBs, etc.)
- Product validation experience (Shock/Drop, Cycle Testing, and Environmental Testing)
- Demonstrated shipping at least 2 products from concept to production.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willing and able to travel internationally.
- Master’s degree in Engineering.
- Analytic problem solving skills, including knowledge of 8D, Six Sigma, DOE or similar disciplines
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring skills
- Experience in working with international, cross-functional teams and partnering closely with other engineers to deliver fully integrated real-world solutions.