Loss Prevention Field Representative
Loss Prevention Team Lead
Northwest US region
About Protective Insurance
Protective Insurance specializes in marketing and underwriting insurance for the transportation industry. Backed by our successful history and financial strength, we offer diverse, innovative products in the property and casualty insurance market.
Under the brands of Protective Insurance Company and Sagamore Insurance Company, Baldwin & Lyons is seeking a full-time Senior Loss Prevention Representative to join our Risk Management/Loss Prevention Department. This position will work as a remote employee in the Southwest or Northwest region of the US. With limited technical direction, this position will be responsible for contributing to the growth strategy and profitability of our fleet trucking, public transportation, and multi-industry workers' compensation products.
Skills & Requirements:
- Receive and complete loss prevention survey requests from the Underwriting Department for both prospective customers and current insured service work as assigned
- Analyze exposures, controls, and loss trends at both the portfolio and account level, recommending improvement as necessary
- Develop service plans to actively engage accounts and help insureds lower their total cost of risk.
- Actively monitor large losses and loss ratios on assigned accounts, develop and implement risk reduction strategies with specific customers
- Maintain a close relationship with internal departments, customers and agents to ensure service meets expectations
- Identify, launch, and successfully complete internal projects as assigned
- Help execute the Loss Prevention Strategic Plan with department management
- Travel to customer or agency locations across the U.S. as needed for loss prevention surveys and marketing of services up to 50% of time
- Bachelor and/or a Master Degree in Safety with a minimum of five years' experience
- Ability to perform onsite training is a requirement
- Insurance, safety and/or motor carrier transportation industry certifications such as CSP, ASP, ARM and/or CDS is strongly preferred and willingness to obtain is required.
- Multi-lines representation required
- Advanced technical writing skills required