Satellite Healthcare is a successful, nonprofit organization that has improved the lives of people living with kidney disease since 1973. We earn our national reputation for excellent patient care each day by offering a complete range of dialysis therapy choices, personalized clinical services, and unparalleled wellness education.
Satellite Healthcare provides expert, personalized kidney care at over 80 centers across the U.S. as well as at acute dialysis locations in California and Texas. Learn more about Satellite Healthcare at www.satellitehealth.com.
The HR Consultant for Employee Relations will provide advice, consultation, and guidance to support a positive employee relations environment. Provides support by fostering a high level of employee trust, while providing appropriate coaching and advice to management. Ensures company compliance with federal and state laws relating to Human Resources practices.
The essential functions listed are not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. All employees must work in accordance with Satellite’s I-CARE Standards.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
- Conduct clinic visits to ensure an active HR presence in the locations. Promote the company culture through proactive employee interactions. Gather and present findings and make recommendations to management regarding potential follow-up and response.
- Support the Employee Relations function by responding to employee requests and questions regarding policies and HR procedures.
- Consult with management regarding employee issues. Assists management with handling and preparation of disciplinary actions and coaching. Explains company policies, procedures and legal regulations and the need for compliance to all levels of management. Proactively advises management regarding appropriate company practices. Assists with developing and delivering management training.
- Assist the Employee Relations Team Leader in conducting prompt, thorough investigations to employee complaints. Identifies, recommends and oversees implementation of appropriate actions to accomplish a timely solution. Prepares and maintains well-documented written summaries of findings. Makes recommendations for potential disciplinary action when necessary.
- Conducts exit interviews; Compiles exit interview data; Analyzes data and makes recommendations to address issues and minimize avoidable turnover.
- Responds to Unemployment Insurance claims and inquiries; attends hearings when necessary.
- Partners with Talent Acquisition to develop retention strategies.
- Develops and delivers communication of programs and policies to a diverse audience to include employees and management. Ensures updates to HR website, Employee/Manager handbooks.
- Represents Employee Relations function at New Employee Orientation.
- Assist the Employee Relations Team Leader in conducting training sessions of managers on policies, processes, legal updates, and current trends in employee relations.
- Coordinates employee appreciation events
- Supports HR Department and Employee Relations function as needed by completing other duties as assigned
BA/BS in Human Resources related field of study
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Three years of experience in Human Resources or in a management position, with experience in responding to and resolving employee issues
- Prior experience in labor relations, conflict management, performance management or training
- Experience with HRIS systems/software applications preferred
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships internally and externally
- Strong analytic skills, communication skills (written and verbal) and problem solving skills
- Ability to prepare written reports and correspondences
- Broad working knowledge of multiple HR functional areas
- Ability to interact and consult with management
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to perform multiple tasks
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal employment and labor laws (such as - Wage and Hour, Discrimination, etc.)
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of health care industry preferred