Alvéole is a Montreal-based social company cultivating greener cities and more connected communities in 40 cities worldwide. The certified B Corp and 1% for the Planet member brings nature-based solutions such as honey bee hives, pollinator habitat, and bee-friendly gardens to buildings in cities and monitors their impact with technology, to help clients meet their ESG goals and be agents of positive environmental and social change.
*What's in It for You?*
- A team environment that encourages initiatives and leadership
- Great health benefits
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Alvéole family
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their work as you are
*Equity, diversity and inclusion*
Much like the way a beehive comes together to achieve its goals, we believe that the diverse skills, personalities, backgrounds and past experiences of every Alvéole team member are key components to our growth, wellbeing, and shared goal of making people fall in love with bees.
We have the privilege to serve unique cities and are dedicated to developing a workforce that reflects the spaces in which we live and work. As such, we encourage applications from persons of diverse backgrounds. We are committed to creating a place where all feel included, and recognize that this is a work in progress.
Reporting to the Beekeeping Team Manager, the Urban Beekeeper manages a selection of client accounts and manages their honeybee and/or other service.
This is a full-time position in accordance with Alvéole’s current policies.
*Role and responsibilities*
- Follow Alvéole standard operating procedures to ensure high quality service and client experience.
- Build relationships with businesses, schools and other organizations in person and online using Alvéole platforms.
- Manage client accounts, acting as their main point of contact including onboarding, communications, engagement and feedback.
- Manage client projects across all Alvéole services: honey beehives, hotels for bees and pollinator-friendly gardens. Tasks include installation, routine maintenance, data collection, pest / parasite control and facilitating educational workshops.
- Represent Alvéole and our mission to connect people in cities to nature by sharing your passion with clients, media and members of the public.
- Support management of facilities including yards for honey beehives, warehouse, workspace and vehicles.
- Coordinate logistics in conjunction with international team members including harvest, extraction, data collection and product fulfillment.
- Contribute to the development of city project sales including canvassing, site feasibility visits and asking current clients for referrals.
- Be aware of internal Sales strategies
- Meet personal and professional goals and objectives set by the Beekeeping Team Manager and Lead Beekeeper.
- Communicate regularly with the Beekeeping Team Manager and Lead Beekeeper for planning, support and problem-solving.
- Handle miscellaneous duties, clerical tasks and responsibilities as defined by the Beekeeping Team Manager and Lead Beekeeper.
- Respect your city’s budget.
Beekeeping & Urban Greening
- Maintain honey beehives at client sites (~40) and in yards on a “cycle” basis, carrying out a variety of tasks to support bee health throughout the beekeeping season.
- Adhere to best practices when carrying out a variety of tasks to support honey bee health throughout the beekeeping season including record-keeping.
- Contribute to the internal development of wild bee and urban greening expertise in your city.
- Drive regularly in your city including to client sites, yards, equipment and bee suppliers.
- Organize, clean and maintain equipment, supplies and storage space regularly.
- Attend regular internal training sessions to build skills and knowledge about bees, beekeeping and urban greening.
- Results-driven, goal-oriented and autonomous.
- Resourceful with a demonstrated ability to anticipate change and proactively adjust priorities and strategies accordingly.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- “Start-up” mentality; willingness to get involved in all aspects of the business.
- Comfortable working alone as well as with a large team.
- Comfortable with remote working.
- Interest in pollinators, beekeeping, urban greening and/or Environmental Social Governance.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record. Comfortable driving in cities.
- Comfortable with the reality of beekeeping hazards (stings, heavy lifting, inclement weather, etc.)
- Comfortable working at heights (training is provided).
- Comfortable using online communications tools e.g. Gmail, Google Workspace, Slack.
- Comfortable with public speaking or presenting to a group.
- Willingness to work occasional early mornings and/or late evenings depending on season needs
- Customer Relationship Management platform experience.
- Customer service experience.
- Beekeeping experience.
Job Type: Full-time