DSV - Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world's 5th largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers' entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at www.dsv.com
Department: Accounts Receivable
Job Title: Manager - Customer Collections
Lead a team of Collections Specialists who manage a large portfolio of accounts ranging from small local customers to large international accounts. Coordinate collection efforts amongst cross functional teams, including sales, management, operations and customers. The position manages credit and collection for several entities in North America.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for motivating a team of 20+ Collections Specialists to meet/exceed goals;
- Overseeing that all departmental goals and objectives are met/exceeded; provide regular reports that monitor productivity and performance;
- Conduct meetings with team members and key stakeholders to ensure speedy resolution of collection issues;
- Constantly looking for ways to improve upon any processes or methods within the department;
- Recruiting and training new employees and providing support to all team members;
- Purpose solutions to complex collection problems;
- Navigate and document customers payment practices, including third-party audit firms to ensure approval and funding of payments;
- Align resources within the team to meet departmental demands;
- Manage customer accounts assigned to collection agency;
- Coordinate Credit Insurance and Factoring reporting.
Bachelor’s Degree, ideally Finance or Business
5 years B2B collections, 3 years management experience
Knowledge of large ERP systems such as SAP
Excellent communication skills both written and oral
Ability to organize and prioritize
DSV is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with DSV, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.