Braintrust is a user-owned talent network that connects you with great jobs with no fees or membership costs—so you keep 100% of what you earn.
JOB TYPE: Direct Hire Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote - US Only (TimeZone: EST | Partial overlap)
- SALARY: $140,000 – $175,000/yr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40hr/week - Long term
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
When you join Braintrust, you will be invited to a screening process for Braintrust to learn more about your previous work experiences. Once completed, you will have access to the employer for this role and other top companies that seek high-quality talent. Apply to this job to kick off the process.
- Experience with and understanding of the Bluetooth / Bluetooth LE and UWB.
- Experience or understanding of relevant hardware, MCUs and protocols stacks for Bluetooth / Bluetooth LE and UWB.
- Previous experience with silicon in these wireless technologies from Nordic Semiconductor, Silicon Labs and NXP preferred.
- Technical aptitude and knowledge of the global electronic distribution channel.
- Work across functional lines to translate market trends and opportunities into supported business plans.
- Ability to strategically plan future product opportunities and demonstrate strong entrepreneurial skills in translating those. plans into commercially successful and profitable product offerings.
- Travel may be required in order to meet these business objectives (up to 25%).
- Ability to work with functional groups and SBUs to implement plans and achieve objectives.
The Senior Product Manager is the guiding force for meeting the global growth, profitability, and return on strategy objectives for a large portfolio of Bluetooth / Bluetooth LE modules and also for UWB strategy for our global Industrial, Medical, and Commercial customer base. This role will have the primary global responsibility for developing the strategic plan for their products; integrating the plan with global, regional and functional plans, obtaining necessary approvals for human and financial resources from management, and achieving the agreed upon goals through the global, regional and functional organizations. The key technology focus for the role is within the wireless technologies of Bluetooth / Bluetooth LE and UWB.
- Plans, leads and manages the entire life of a product line from the identification of market opportunities through design development, product launch, market penetration and growth as well as the end of life phase.
- Manages and drives product line results including, all channels of distribution, all market segments and to all customers.
- Identifies and communicates a business strategy resulting from a thorough understanding of our customer’s requirements, the competitive environment and the Laird Connectivity core competencies for each product line.
- Identifies and develops new as well as existing applications and products.
- Assists with regional pricing, working with sales management to ensure that the appropriate level of pricing authority and accountability is in place to allow Laird Connectivity to respond to competitive opportunities as well as threats while meeting the profitability.
- Provides product as well as application training, including competitive strategies and responses, for all appropriate Laird Connectivity sales channels.
- Establishes a marketing communication and promotional strategy for the product line.
- Assists and monitors the execution of key new business initiatives and opportunities to achieve growth in profitable sales.
- Defines product requirements and specifications.
- Guides and manages development protocols.
- Makes recommendations for funding of product development efforts.
- Maximizes the effective use of existing assets and maximize the return on assets for the product line globally.
- Provides a foundation for manufacturing planning and capacity by developing a forecast of demand by product.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Establishes product cost, quality and delivery requirements.
- Drives Bluetooth / Bluetooth LE and UWB industry standards and promote Laird Connectivity as a subject matter expert. through the participation in major industry organizations and events.
- Builds and maintains relationships with key wireless silicon suppliers and vendors.
Braintrust Job ID: 6159
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
This is a remote position.