Do you want to make an impact in your next finance role? There is no better place than as a Underwriting Pricing Advisor in our Client Financial Analysis and Proposals department. You will support sales in growing our business by forecasting profitability of multiple client pricing options and participating in the development of CVS Health's pricing strategy to retain existing business and to continue to win new accounts.
This role is critical to how CVS Health is expanding in the healthcare and pharmacy benefits management (PBM) industry. Our Pricing Analysts work in concert with our Strategic Proposals Management and Analytic Consulting Services teams to provide our healthcare clients with enhanced pricing options and analytical insights to make more informed business decisions and meet the needs of the rapidly changing healthcare marketplace.
More than just financial analysts, our Pricing Advisors are responsible for reviewing financial sections of Requests for Proposals (RFPs) to determine client needs or concerns and presenting analysis, growth opportunities and recommendations to senior management in order to gain approval.
In this high impact position, you will manage the complete process from receipt of RFP/pricing request through communication of financial agreements to internal departments. You will be directly responsible for pricing and financial modeling that is written into what we propose to our clients and make key recommendations that impact CVS Health’s top line revenue.
- Utilize business, industry, competitive, client, and technical knowledge to formulate pricing strategy and to execute financial modeling of comprehensive pricing offers that include retail network, mail order, specialty, and pharmaceutical manufacturer rebates for proposed PBM client contracts ranging from $100 million to $6 billion in annual revenue.
- Collaborate with PBM Sales and Account Services to provide recommendations on pricing and negotiation strategy to achieve revenue and profitability targets for net new business client growth and margin retention.
- Build and maintain domain expertise across levels of PBM and Enterprise profitability, including retail networks, enterprise dispensing, specialty drugs, pharmaceutical manufacturer rebates, MAC pricing, and our product/service offerings.
- Present information to Executive Leadership and
communicate client pricing to internal partners in support of accurate pricing implementation and to minimize service warranties and performance guarantee payouts.
- Review and complete financial sections of Requests for Proposals (RFPs) to define and approve scope of PBM client support and to forecast accurate cost assumptions into client pricing offers.
- Review and provide approval for the financial sections and pricing terms of legal contracts prior to submitting to a client and prior to contract execution.
- Communicate margin information to downstream partners in Finance to ensure accurate PBM budget tracking and forecasting.
- Execute and implement constantly evolving pricing strategies in response to market dynamics to provide competitive, profitable, and attractive pricing offers.
- Project management of all financial aspects of 3-9 month RFP processes working with colleagues in Strategic Proposals Management, Rebate Forecasting, Legal, Underwriting Analytics, and Analytic Consulting Services teams to ensure all deadlines are met and to avoid elimination from opportunities to win and retain business.
- Provide peer-review as a control to mitigate risk of financial modeling errors that negatively impact CVS Health’s position as a publicly traded company.
This position can be located out of our corporate offices in Scottsdale, AZ or Northbrook, IL.
Join the company helping people on their path to better health!
Our organization offers a competitive benefit package including vacation, holiday/sick time, health/dental/vision insurance, work/life balance, employee discounted stock purchase program, 401K, tuition reimbursement, and employee discounts at all CVS stores.
- Five years work experience in financial analysis, modeling, pricing or related field.
- Eight + years work experience in financial analysis, modeling or pricing preferred.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
It’s a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or email@example.com. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.