AdviNow Medical (ANM) is leading the world in medical automation. Our Data Science and Machine Learning team is seeking a local python software engineer intern to help us develop an accurate and efficient disease diagnosis engine.
In this role, you will be exposed to all aspects of developing a machine learning system. You will build tools for data extraction, transformation and loading (ETL). Implement algorithmic solutions our data science team designed. Proactively give recommendations for performance improvements, plan and work on their implementation. Build web based data visualization tools.
You should be familiar with good code writing practices. That includes writing good inline code documentation and following design patterns to using Git and JIRA. You will take part in stand up meetings and follow Agile development methods.
- Actively participate in standup meetings.
- Follow good code writing practices, such as documentation and re-usability, when contributing to our code base.
- Proactively find opportunities for efficiency and accuracy improvements in our existing systems, convince your leader of their need and work on their execution.
- Review code and write test cases.
- Experience writing high quality and efficient python code
- Experience following good programming practices
- Experience working with NoSQL DBs
- Good communication skills
- Live in the Phoenix metro area.
Nice to Have
- Experience writing commercial-quality python code.
- Experience using JIRA and git.
- Good understanding of statistics
- Familiarity with machine learning algorithms
- Experience working in a team that built machine learning applications
- Experience using Pandas, NumPy, scikit-learn, Matplotlib
Job Type: Internship
- Agile: 1 year (Preferred)
- Design Patterns: 1 year (Preferred)
- Python: 2 years (Required)
- Matplotlib: 1 year (Preferred)
- Scottsdale, AZ (Preferred)