Full Job Description
This position supports mortgage bankers responsible for originating Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac market rate and affordable housing transactions including multifamily, MHC, and seniors products.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
The analyst will assist originators (mortgage bankers) with:
- The preliminary screening and structuring of Agency lending opportunities.
- Reviewing materials provided by borrowers and help ensure needed information for preliminary loan analysis is received.
- Assessing the strengths and weaknesses of a transaction.
- Reviewing and analyzing deal and borrower information to determine the best execution to match the clients financing needs.
- Staying current with Fannie Mae DUS and Freddie Mac Optigo Guidelines and Programs.
- Preparing preliminary loan packages for presentation and submission to the BWE credit committee and Agencies as required.
- Participating in the transition of loans from application to underwriting.
- Developing and maintaining internal and external relationships to ensure a timely and efficient loan submission process.
- Special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. An advanced degree is a plus.
- 5-10 years of experience in the financial analysis (cash flow modeling, market, property and borrower analysis) of multifamily and other income properties.
- Experience with Fannie Mae DUS and Freddie Mac Optigo transactions is preferred.
- Possess computer literacy and have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to manage/mentor a team.
- Ability to operate effectively in a team environment as well as able to work independently.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrate a proven track record of multi-tasking.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly attentive to detail and accuracy.
Job Type: Full-time
- Financial Analysis: 5 years (Preferred)
- Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac: 5 years (Preferred)