Community Action Opportunities
Food Service Associate Substitute
We are a high-performing, non-profit Community Action Agency seeking an individual to fill a temporary full-time food services associate position in a high quality head start program.
The successful candidate must be able to:
- Plan meals according to estab11.24lished menus; order food and other supplies and maintain proper inventory of items; shop and purchase food items for the Head Start program.
- Prepare a complete meal by choosing the proper amounts of food for preparation, start the cooking process, season, observe while cooking, remove when ready and place food in warming devices.
- Prepare serving portions and special dietary servings according to specific guidelines.
- Clean or ensure proper cleanliness and sanitation of dishes, food preparation equipment and supplies, ovens, refrigerators, and other kitchen equipment and supplies.
- Incorporate initiative, sound judgment and the Agency’s Values – Teamwork, Communication, Quality and Respect into daily work
- High School Diploma
- Considerable Experience in food preparation in large quantities, including some lead food service worker responsibilities
- Considerable knowledge of nutritional, portion and sterilization requirements and regulations.
- Considerable knowledge of kitchen hazards, commercial kitchen cleaning and sterilization requirements and related safety precautions.
- Considerable knowledge of methods of preparation and cooking of food in quantity
- Considerable knowledge of the use and adaptabilities of various pieces of cooking equipment used in commercial or institutional kitchens.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable
Must have valid NC Driver License
Must pass pre-employment background and drug screens
Must be able to obtain a NC ServSafe food handler certification
Bi-Lingual in Spanish is a plus
Hourly Rate of Pay: $11.24 to $ 12.00 DOQ This position is non-exempt under FLSA and eligible for overtime pay.
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $11.24 to $12.00 /hour
- Nutritional, portion and sterilization and regu: 1 year (Required)
- Large Quantity Food Service Preparation: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- NC Driver's License (Required)