Modis has a client in the greater Nashville area that is seeking a 12 month contract to hire Oracle Database Administrator!
This client seeks individuals who are looking to grow in their IT career with necessary training. Modis is looking for a Senior Oracle Database Administrator (DBA) with Cloud Services experience, and some SQL maintenance experience that are running in multiple environments (Azure, Windows, Linux).
Modis needs technical individuals that are experienced working with Relational Databases. The focus of this Senior Oracle DBA will be on the physical aspects of the database environment, including, but not limited to the design, installation, configuration, patching, upgrading, backup, recovery, disaster configuration, ETL's, batch jobs, support and troubleshooting of the database environment. Duties and Responsibilities
Minimum Qualifications/Skill Sets
- Install, upgrade, and patch supported database systems.
- Manage database system availability for applications and customers, ensuring that databases maintain agreed upon service levels, including performance tuning, capacity planning, code review, and troubleshooting
- Develop, document, and implement processes for the backup, recovery, and maintenance of database systems.
- Develop, test, document and maintain database security and system security as defined by service level agreements and internal security policies
- Develop, test and implement database capacity planning, performance and monitoring scripts/processes for assigned databases and its applications
- Develop, implement and test disaster recovery procedures for multiple database systems in High Availability (HA)/Disaster Recovery (DR) environments
- Develop and implement standard database administration procedures and policies
- Install and configure RDBMS client software for database, web, and application servers.
- Be a key member of the data team helping to define and build the next generation data warehouse.
- Expertise in performance tuning Oracle (80%) and SQL Server (20%) databases to ensure responsiveness and availability of data. (SQL not required but nice to have)
- Expertise in current database security best practices to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree and five years progressive experience with Oracle and SQL database administration, data modeling, and data architecture.
- Proficiency with operating system command language is required. (Additional experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.)
- Oracle (10g,11gR2,12c) Azure
- Preferred Experience with: SQL Server (2008, 2012, 2014, 2016)
- Experience with: Scripting languages (e.g. SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL)
- Dynamic management views (DMV) and dynamic management functions (DMF), T-SQL scripts, Triggers, and Store Procedure for troubleshooting and performance tuning.
- Expertise in creating database objects and structures including databases, tables, indexes, views, snapshots, stored procedures, triggers, functions and cursors.
- Third Party DBA tools and applications (e.g. PL/SQL Developer, Oracle SQL Developer, Toad, etc.)
This role is open due to growth, and currently this DBA will function in 80% Oracle and 20% SQL maintenance. This client knows this is a rare position given the SQL and Oracle components – but the manager stressed the SQL is a nice to have (not required).
The teams’ goal is to convert this person in 12 months because they have an aggressive timeline to roll out Hadoop for their Big Data. This is a great opportunity to get you trained