- DIRECTLY EMAIL WITH THE NECESSARY MATERIALS TO APPLY -
Overview: PVNN Inc. is a nonprofit digital news network that seeks to provide news and policy solutions to Americans worldwide. Through research, publications, and marketing of articles on various public policies, we try to engage with Americans in simple but yet engaging ways. With over 30,000 viewers and growing, we are a team of trailblazers that are looking for someone self-motivated, articulate, passionate, and political to fill the role of Editor In Chief.
* This role is a volunteer position and will be conducted remotely, however, those seeking internship credit (MA, Ph.D. students) may also apply. Moreover, we are only interested in finding long-term candidates who seek to grow with our organization and help us continue to make an impact on our society.
We are looking for an Editor In Chief who fits all of the following criteria:
- *Has obtained a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree.
- * Has at least two years of experience editing and or publishing
- Is creative and can convey substantive information on politics in simple and engaging ways
- Someone familiar with Wordpress
- Considers themselves a political junkie and follows the news daily
- Can play the devil's advocate and research and articulate any argument
- * Has excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Is reliable and great with time-management
- Knows how to organize a plan and work with a team of writers and their respective articles to ensure deadlines are met
- Is looking for long-term prospects and seeking to take on a leadership role
- * Can confidently (and remotely) commit to 10-15 hours a week
To apply, directly email us at INFO @ PVNN.ORG (--- Without the spaces)
Include a subject line of “PVNN Editor In Chief,” and include:
- Your resume
- A writing sample that is newsworthy and or politically relevant. Be sure it is geared towards the average Joe/Jane. Make it visually creative and engaging, but keep it simple! See our website to get an idea.
- Lastly, address each bullet point above in a cover letter and share your skills, passion, and experience.
We get lots of applicants, so be sure to include all the necessary information to stand out. We look forward to reviewing your application!
The PVNN Team
Job Types: Part-time, Internship, Contract
- - READ DESCRIPTION BOX & DIRECTLY APPLY VIA EMAIL --: 6 years (Required)
Hours per week: