IFP Automation is seeking electrical panel builders to work in our Fort Wayne Indiana based manufacturing location. We are a mechanical, fluid power, electrical automation and controls firm offering significant integration services. We have been in business since 1976 and represent the world’s premier automation and control products and systems.
All successful candidates can expect a training and mentoring period during which you will be prepared extensively for this position. Opportunities for individual development are part of our culture in our dynamically growing, privately owned company.
This position is mainly responsible for the electrical and mechanical assembly of electrical control panels and cabinets, as designed by our engineering team and assigned by IFP Manufacturing Project Manager.
Responsibilities and requirements:
- Read electrical and control schematics (designed by others).
- Assemble and wire panels to specification for PLC controls, operator interface, variable speed drives, motor controls, hydraulic controls and/or pneumatic controls.
- Successful candidate will be mentored by an experienced technician where you will work as a team to inspect and test completed panels.
- Perform mechanical work such as attaching enclosures to machine, punching holes to cabinets, drilling and tapping holes in machine conveyors.
- Crimping and Soldering connectors and wires for control boxes, joysticks, and toggles.
- AutoCAD or another CAD experience a plus.
- Must be able to layout & modify metal, plastic, and fiberglass enclosures as well as panels.
- Must be able to perform wiring of electrical components and cable assemblies
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to work under little supervision
- Must be able to perform a variety of complex tasks requiring knowledge of panel assembly and fabrication
Skills required (training will be provided for the right candidate):
- Candidates must have experience and/or willingness to operate and learn a variety of hand tools.
- Ability to learn manufacturing principles and practices.
- Familiarity with UL508A helpful.
- Following directions under limited supervision.
- Willing to take direction and coaching.
- Perform basic mathematical calculations and read blueprints.
- Comply with safety and operational guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Communicate with co-workers to provide and receive direction.
- Good performance/work history.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Workplace orderliness.
- 1-year relevant experience is preferred.
We offer you:
- The opportunity to take a future-oriented and unique job position.
- Intensive, industry specific initial and continued training.
- An opportunity to advance within the company.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Extensive benefit, 401k with company match, vacation and holiday package.
- To be part of a highly-motivated team.
- To be a member of a private company at the cutting-edge of innovations.
IFP Automation is an electrical automation/controls and fluid power firm offering significant value add, assembly, manufacturing and control software integration services. We specialize in:
- Mobile & Industrial Hydraulics
- Electrical Automation & Controls for Mobile & Industrial Equipment
- Electro-Mechanical, Pneumatics & Automation
- Electrical Motion Control, Connectors and Accessories
- Hose & Fittings
- Hydraulic Filtration products
We promote a positive, collaborative environment where knowledgeable IFP team members work hard to solve our customers’ problems with the application of our technologies.
We’ve been in business since 1976 and represent the world’s premier automation and control products and systems.
We represent 20 plus main suppliers with Parker-Hannifin and B&R Automation being the top two.
- Parker is a 12 billion plus global company and our main mechanical and fluid power partner.
- B&R Automation is a $1B division of a $34B company, ABB. Globally they are the second largest automation and controls manufacturer.
- IFP takes products from these types of suppliers and engineers our own custom solutions.
- We have full system build capability in our Ft Wayne location.
IFP is a private, growth-oriented company who aims to promote from within when possible.
We cater to both industrial and mobile clients, the industrial are mostly in Indiana, mobile clients can be anywhere in Indiana and the surrounding states.
We currently have three offices, two in Indianapolis (Fishers & Brownsburg) plus the Ft. Wayne headquarters and sales engineers based around the state working out of their homes.
All of our sales engineers are technical specialists and our in-house engineering department is available to further support our customers.
We promote a positive work-life integration and being good stewards in the community through our “Team IFP” charity bike team as well as initiatives with Riley Hospital, the American Diabetes Association and the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000.00 to $42,000.00 /year
- panel building: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- 8 hour shift