Paralegal - (1804983)
ON Semiconductor Corporation is seeking a self-driven and motivated professional to join the Law Department team, located in Phoenix, Arizona. The Legal Secretary will assist the company’s law department in a variety of facets of general corporate, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), securities, and contract law. Much of the Legal Secretary’s time will be spent carrying out routine tasks such as developing, maintaining, and updating company files, and assisting with preparing legal contracts and reviewing documents. The Legal Secretary will also act as an information source on, and help establish and administer, organization policies and procedures. The Legal Secretary may, as needed, schedule appointments, make travel arrangements, and coordinate special projects and department activities. Exceptional candidates who excel in the Legal Secretary role will be considered for career advancement opportunities within the company.
Under the direction & support of supervising legal counsel successful candidate will have the opportunity to do the following:
- Perform various administrative tasks, including mail sorting and distribution, creating binders for board and committee meetings, assist with meeting prep (document preparation, memos, etc.), retention and destruction of law department documents, preparing DHL and UPS labels, creating and maintaining binders for SEC filings (e.g., Form 8-K and Form SC 13G and SC 13D filings), indexing and filing closing documents for credit agreements, and proofreading and editing
- Assist in reviewing, organizing, and managing certain M&A files and documentation
- Assist with various corporate governance support responsibilities, including preparation and distribution of board and committee notices, agendas, meeting outlines, and meeting minutes
- Assist with filings, resolutions and other corporate documents to ensure U.S. and non-U.S. subsidiaries of ON meet their annual corporate governance requirements, including filing annual reports, preparing Board and shareholder resolutions, and preparing board minutes
- Perform basic internet research on various legal matters
- Enter and manage contracts in the contract management system, including docketing renewal dates, expiration dates, and other time-sensitive contractual requirements.
- Organize and maintain important legal department documents in a digital central filing system to ensure prompt retrieval upon demand.
- Projects and special assignments, as assigned and needed by supervising legal counsel
- Compile and maintain minute books, including preparation of annual consents and filings.
- Support legal counsel with maintaining, updating, and enforcing certain internal policies administered by the law department, including the company’s Insider Trading Policy
- Assist with the preparation and filing of reports with the Securities and Exchange Commission and the NASDAQ securities exchange, including reports on SEC Forms 10-K, 10-Q, and 8-K and exhibits to such reports, annual proxy statements, and securities transaction filings for directors and executive officers of the company, including reports on SEC Forms, 3, 4, and 5
- Assist in the drafting and/or review of legal contracts and transactional documents, including vendor contracts, confidentiality agreements, dealer and distribution agreements, purchase agreements, secondment agreements, intercompany agreements, inventory sales agreements, asset transfer agreements, termination notices, grant award and other employment agreements, promissory notes, and manufacturing agreements
- Work with finance/accounting and tax teams on a variety of different issues.
- Execution, review, and processing of pre-clearance forms for 10b5-1 Plans
- 7+ years of legal secretary experience with a corporate law team, preferably with a public company or other in-house corporate legal team
- Strong writing and editing/proofreading skills
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience with a semiconductor or other manufacturing company preferred
- Working knowledge of Adobe Sign and/or any e-signature software preferred
- Ability to take advantage of overtime opportunities during the busy season
- Team player, willing to do various administrative tasks, as needed
- Ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment in a professional manner
- Strong organizational skills
ON Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ON) is driving energy efficient innovations, empowering customers to reduce global energy use. The company is a leading supplier of semiconductor-based solutions, offering a comprehensive portfolio of energy efficient power management, analog, sensors, logic, timing, connectivity, discrete, SoC and custom devices. The company’s products help engineers solve their unique design challenges in automotive, communications, computing, consumer, industrial, medical, aerospace and defense applications. ON Semiconductor operates a responsive, reliable, world-class supply chain and quality program, a robust compliance and ethics program, and a network of manufacturing facilities, sales offices and design centers in key markets throughout North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific regions. For more information, visit http://www.onsemi.com.
Primary Location: US-AZ-Phoenix
Work Locations: USAZ01 ON HDQTRS US8
5005 E McDowell Rd
Job Posting: Sep 10, 2018, 5:43:47 PM