This is the entry level position for all of our zookeeper and management positions
- This position is a support to our zookeepers, sales and managers. It requires being able to maintain high standards of cleanliness and health for various animals. Must be willing to get very dirty working outside every day. Experience with animals is preferred but not necessary.
- Duties Include but not limited to:
- Food Prep Commissary – Storing fruit and open bags in animal house, preparing food for animals, preparing milk bottles, and maintaining inventory of all foods needed.
- Cleaning dishes, small animal and large animal cages, bowls, tubs bins, carriers, etc.
- Feeding and watering as backups for keepers
- Assisting keepers or others in tasks
- Processing incoming orders and conveying them to the right department, assist with unloading and stocking all deliveries
- Completing all animal laundry, machine wash and dry hang
- Keeping Animal House clean; kitchen, work and walk areas, floor clean and uncluttered
- Keeping front and back porch of animal house clean and clear at all times
- Keeping appliances clean and organized; Freezer, fridge, washing machine, stove, microwave
- Reporting needs and supplies timely
- Changing trash can liners around the property
- Grounds Work- Mowing/burning
- Monday morning 8 am meeting followed by assisting with cleaning all hedgehog cages - Mandatory
- Must be able to lift and carry 75 lbs
- Must be willing to work outside in the heat, cold, sun, rain, etc.
- Must be reliable, and with reliable transportation
- Must be able to work every Monday morning for group cleaning (Hedgehogs) and our weekly meeting
- Hourly pay rate: $8.50 plus other incentives and perks
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $8.50 /hour
- Animal: 1 year (Preferred)
- Drivers License (Preferred)