Since the beginning of Ålö in 1949, when entrepreneur farmer Karl-Ragnar Åström created Sweden’s first front loader, we have grown to a global organization with manufacturing and sales facilities in seven countries; customers in over 50 countries; and over 700 employees in Asia, Oceania, Europe and North America. With over 30% global market share, Ålö Group is one of the most innovative and progressive front loader companies in the world. With a full range of implements and attachments we strive to serve our customers and be their vendor of choice with products that are focused on giving the farmer, our end user, the best opportunity to increase their productivity and profitability.
Ålö believes in maintaining a strong local market presence and close proximity to our customers in each market we operate. With a commanding presence in the US market our customer base includes agricultural equipment companies such as AGCO, CNH, Kubota, McCormick, Buhler-Versatile and the Alamo group. We are excited to build our new North American headquarters in Greenville County, South Carolina and look forward to providing an even closer partnership with our North American customers, vendors, and strategic partners.
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating the manufacturing processes in the plant. Product mix is low volume, high mix requiring reconfigurable modular tooling. Duties include:
- Develops and maintains routings, costing and bills of material in an MRP enterprise system utilizing time studies, standard data and other estimating tools.
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods and quality control standards.
- Plans equipment layout, workflow, and accident prevention measures to maintain efficient and safe utilization of plant facilities.
- Develops weld, machining and fabrication tooling and processes for new or revised weldments.
- Facilitates prototype manufacturing and run offs for new products.
- Analyzes and plans workforce utilization, space requirements, workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Communicates with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts.
- Provides Weld and machining tool design utilizing 3D modeling software.
- Develops machining and brake press programs, nesting routines for plasma cutters,
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements and related costs.
- Facilitates and tracks ECN implementation at the local manufacturing facility.
- Communicates with management and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, etc. to facilitate production processes.
- Implements and maintains company health and safety policies and manuals, and makes company recommendations accordingly.
- Ensures compliance with all state and federal health and safety laws. Serves as contact with all federal, state, and local regulatory agencies.
- Assists in implementation of company initiative to be ISO9001 certified.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering with minimum of 1 year experience or 5 years salaried engineering experience in lieu of degree.
- Knowledgeable of basic concepts, principles, practices, and established manufacturing procedures.
- Background in metal fabrication processes @ plasma cutting, machining, brake press, robot welding is preferred.
- Must be proficient utilizing 3D modeling software (Solid Edge, Pro E, etc)
- Prior experience in developing routings, bill of materials, costing in an MRP enterprise system.
- Ability to appy statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements.
- Knowledgeable of OSHA laws and regulations
- Knowledgeable of ISO9001 requirements.