Corporate Senior Accountant
Acoustic Technology, Inc. is seeking an experienced and dependable professional to perform a broad range of accounting & financial services. This will require a comprehensive knowledge of general accounting methods, principles & practices. **Please note: this is a 100% on-site position***
The Senior Corporate Accountant is responsible for providing support to the President/CEO for business and personal related matters. This role will oversee the operations of our accounting department, including A/P, A/R, Payroll, banking, financial reporting, and budget preparation. Reports to the CEO. Controllers must have solid communication, technology, analytical and management skills. Candidates should possess knowledge of all aspects of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). CPA or previous experience in public accounting preferred.
- Lead a team of finance professionals covering (A/P & A/R), financial planning, reporting, analysis functions and cost accounting
- Maintain compliance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Manage payroll accounting
- Basic HR functions
- Requires deadline driven, high-energy individual, able to work autonomously and lead as key contributor on teams
- Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance across multiple industries
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements.
- Ability to project and plan cash flow.
- Support proposal activity and help to create pricing responses to RFP and RFQ’s
- Maintain Accounting systems as Controller/Accounting Manager for Government contracts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Financial management and accounting software, such as ADP and Sage
- In depth knowledge of accounting standards and industry regulations
- Value punctuality and timeliness, be highly detail-oriented, and assume responsibility for and take pride in their work
- Ability to work independently or as a part of a team
- Initiating wire transfers, billing, and invoicing**
- Minimum 3 years as a controller
- CPA or previous experience in public accounting preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, strong interpersonal skills are a must, as well as willingness to accept and task ownership of new responsibilities in a fast-growing environment.
- Strong supervisory and management skills.
- The ability to work independently is crucial.
We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits package PTO & Holidays and a 401(K) program.
Proof of US Citizenship required.
Job Type: Full-time, in office.
- Accounting of Finance: Minimum 3 years required
- United States (Preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- East Boston, MA 02128: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person