To read the complete job description and to apply, visit the following link: https://www.bchd.org/current-opportunities
Under the direction of the Director of Communications, the Communications & Engagement Specialist is responsible for generating community participation, developing and executing marketing materials, creating engaging methods of reaching audiences at events, writing, editing newsletters, flyers, ads, etc. and supporting the director with implementation of department’s community outreach strategy for Beach Cities Health District (BCHD).
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the job.
- Creates and implements marketing strategies and campaigns using a public health framework to promote interest and involvement in BCHD. Simultaneously oversees engagement of multiple initiatives with staff and volunteer leaders and focuses effort and resources in the highest priority areas while executing on-time and at/under budget.
- Creates, coordinates and promotes health promotions campaigns that align with BCHDs current health priorities.
- Drives engagement of local residents in BCHD’s programs as measured by health pledges, event attendance, utilization of on-line tools or other participation methods that emerge. Assists in assessing impact of community participation.
- Drives engagement and participation at BCHD and community events, programs and services with the goal of increasing awareness of BCHD and its initiatives, deepening the community’s understanding of its offerings and generating action. Assists in assessing impact of community participation.
- Responsible for implementing the department’s email marketing strategies including but not limited to: audience segmentation; growing and managing the database; implementing campaigns that promote the District; ensuring our residents stay connected and drive action; and making sure emails follow industry policies and best practices. Tracks, analyzes and reports campaign performance on key metrics and suggests improvements.
- Provides direction and evaluates design and production of email marketing, social media content, advertisements, brochures, flyers and other collateral pieces, encompassing management of the District’s brand.
- Coordinates appropriate design and implementation of in-person or online engagement tools, activities or other participation methods that emerge. Develops and contributes to promotion and outreach activities by writing and editing content for newsletters, collateral or other materials. Coordinates the delivery of collateral and promotional activities (on-line/off-line) to drive program participation.
- Conducts administrative duties related to engagement including recording, tracking, reporting program metrics as well as evaluation including systematic methods for collecting and using information and data to assess effectiveness, outcomes and trends.
- Attends and supports major community & BCHD events to ensure brand fidelity, capture engagement hits, and identify stories for web and other outreach efforts.
- Coordinates and executes BCHD events in the community to include, but not limited to: Developing master events calendar each fiscal year to include recommendations for community events to attend, marketing goals and outcomes for each event, and budget needed to attend events.
- Maintaining community event calendars, tracking and documenting event metrics and outcomes (e.g., attendance, lessons learned), administering surveys when necessary, and facilitating pre- and post-event briefings.
- Overseeing any event preparation (noise permits, insurance, material check list, etc.), logistics and processes for BCHD events.
- Working with Volunteer Services to ensure adequate volunteer staffing is provided when requested for event support and supporting the event ambassador program.
- Maintains inventory, distribution and archiving of all event materials, promotional items and supplies. Orders additional items as needed. Makes recommendations for new promotional materials and items that further community outreach and engagement.
- Exemplifies BCHD’s core values of compassion, integrity, accountability, and excellence in every interaction with the public.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 /year
- communications, marketing: 1 year