Responsible for providing nursing care through all phases of care taking into consideration age and developmental needs.
- Collaborate and support plan of care as determined by the physician and healthcare team; treat patients accordingly as approved by the physician. Performs periodic re-evaluation of the patient as necessary and makes adjustments in the patient’s treatment program.
- Provide treatment to patients per protocols, utilize OASIS assessment and documentation.
- Perform on-going periodic system assessment and data collection in a systematic manner, focusing on:
psychological, psychosocial, cultural spiritual and cognitive status; nutrition; pain; patient/family education; family involvement and patient advocacy; patient and patient’s equipment needs
- Facilitates timely discharge based on goals and in accordance with client policies and procedures
- Educates and instructs the patient, patient’s family and other staff as required.
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Supervises and teaches LVN’s, HHA’s as required for patient care according to law and regulations.
- Provides nursing care through all phases of care with consideration of age and developmental needs.
- Documents all care, intervention and care coordination per law, regulation and agency policy.
- Notifies patient’s physician and responsible staff of significant changes in a timely manner.
- Coordinates all services provided; consults with other health professionals as needed.
- Effectively plans, organizes, sets priorities and completes work assignments with minimum direct supervision per agency policies; within established time frames.
- Assists Supplemental Health Care in determining skill and specialties.
- Accepts only assignments for which qualified.
- Verbalizes knowledge and purpose of patient rights and responsibilities.
- Complies within institutions policies and procedures.
- Communicates with Supplemental Health Care regarding problems and concerns.
- Psychiatric Certification Required
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45.00 - $56.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- EMR systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- LTC: 1 year (Preferred)
- Healthcare: 1 year (Preferred)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Preferred)
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply