The Commercial segment is a leading manufacturer of refuse collection vehicles, front and rear discharge concrete mixers, portable and stationary concrete batch plants, field service vehicles, and truck mounted cranes. All backed by 24/7 support, our segment’s brands consist of McNeilus, CON-E-CO, London Machinery, and IMT. Oshkosh Commercial leads it's industries in both innovation & quality.
Oshkosh Commercial is a segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation we are dedicated to designing and building the world's toughest specialty trucks, truck bodies, and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
Ensure the uninterrupted supply of parts and services to Operations and Aftermarket needs. Support and implement the procurement strategy of assigned goods and services from suppliers, specific to reducing cost and finding synergies among the divisions commodity group and meeting operational needs. Must be willing and able to lead coordination with suppliers in the areas of New Product Development, engineering, manufacturing and materials, making the best decisions for the business unit and the corporation. This individual will be energetic and will have a positive influence on the organizations sourcing requirements through lean thinking, problem solving, negotiating, communicating and stakeholder leadership to meet sourcing goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Will be responsible for establishing and implementing a sustainable sourcing strategy, which will include source selection, supply base rationalization and choosing suppliers for services and materials to meet the established requirements and the goals.
Develop and implement plans to meet yearly total acquisition cost reduction goals in conjunction with sourcing strategy.
Reduce the delivery, quality and cost risk during transitions and supplier transitions and changes.
Effective and precise dealings with engineering on new product development.
Ensure compliance to rules and regulations as outlined by the division and in the corporate policies and procedures.
Provide leadership and maintain a high level of performance professionalism in carrying out the goals of the department.
Will communicate and work as a team with the rest of the Supply Chain team and other departments as needed.
Manage the On-Time Delivery of assigned commodities.
Drive Cost reductions to support department goals.
Facilitate and execute commodity and supplier strategies to exceed expectations across all stakeholder areas
Secure stakeholder buy-in aligning resources and commitments to execute strategies and deliver value
Partner with Engineering, Product Management, Sales, and Marketing in New Product Development
Collaborate with businesses and functions holding all parties accountable for program and project deliverables
Facilitate supplier development programs maximizing value from incumbents and establishing alternate sources
Foster robust supply base partnerships aligned with The Oshkosh Way
Manage global supply chain risk with ongoing assessment, monitoring, and mitigation
Other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA in related discipline: Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Project Management, Business, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to work in a complex, fast changing global organizational environment
- Good understanding of business strategy and plans to ensure alignment
- Program/project management experience with success in leading strategic initiatives
- Creative and innovative mindset
- Practical experience of driving business improvements
- 5-plus years related procurement experience
- Master of Science in Supply Chain Management or a Master’s in Business Administration (MBA).
- Familiarity with specialty vehicle/component Design, Manufacturing, Quality, and/or procurement processes
- Five plus years of experience in a purchasing and/or purchasing-related role; preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Previous experience of cost model development and Total Landed Cost (TLC) or Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Commodity or category management experience
- Lean manufacturing and/or Lean Supply Chain Performance experience
- Ability to work independently and take on responsibilities
- Global market awareness & trends identification
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Decision-making and analytical skills
- Proficiency with required software and technology
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Creative problem-solving abilities
- Experience as a change agent in an organization
- Analytical and project management skills
- Collaboration and influence management skills
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Travel up to 25%, domestic and international
- Business casual office environment
- Dynamic and challenging professional environment
- Frequent exposure to greater Oshkosh and Industry executive leadership
- Individual contributor role which leads thru influence
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.