Are you looking to learn the ins and outs of Human Resources within a global media company? We’re looking for a brilliant HR Associate to rotate between our various teams to learn the intricacies of HR and bring fresh eyes to current challenges. This position will start in June or July of 2019.
Here at Dow Jones our People team handles:
- Recruiting (strategizing about where & how to recruit, interviewing)
- Business Partner/Generalist area (employee relations, being the go-to person for our people)
- Talent Development (Digital Journalism @ Dow Jones conferences, personality assessments, performance management, management development, onboarding)
- Benefits (health plans, 401Ks)
- Compensation (global mobility, annual salary planning)
- People Operations (HR systems, Google Analytics)
Think this gig might be for you? Run through this checklist first:
- Are you a recent college graduate? We prefer a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience/field
- Do you actively listen? This role starts first and foremost with listening to concerns and complaints of our clients as you draft solutions.
- Are you a people person? By the time an employee comes to us, he/she is often frustrated. Knowing how to conduct Kissinger-like diplomacy is key whether it is a benefits problem, a compensation dilemma, or a recruiting conundrum.
- You’ll be operating on our HR team, relationally connected to the people around you. Are you positive? Are you upbeat? Do you know how to collaborate? Success in this role = good energy.
- Are you efficient? A lot of times our job in HR is to uncover what went wrong, improve it, and get it done for our internal and external clients – the people who work here and the potential candidates we recruit. Slackers need not apply.
- If you’ve run thru this checklist and love the news and information business (that is what we do here) – it could be fate. But first, who are we?
Dow Jones is a company on the move. Do you “deal” with change or do you take an active part in being a part of that change? We need the latter. Dow Jones incorporates brands like The Wall Street Journal, Barron’s, & MarketWatch. We celebrate the first amendment and bring news via smartphones, tablets, websites, and newspapers around the world. Are you into that?
Perks? You’ll live and breathe the news, be a part of a dynamic team, and receive a daily supply of espresso and fro-yo to keep you going.
Dec 31st, 2018
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Office Administration Group
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com