Director- Finance Operations
Arthrex, Inc. (US01)
This position is responsible for strategic and tactical execution, financial leadership and team development for the operations and cost accounting function supporting the manufacturing, supply chain and operations organization. This role encompasses internal and external manufacturing, factory planning, procurement, distribution and warehousing, inventory control, quality and site operations. Responsible for analyzing and communicating information and proposing methodologies to company management to help optimize the company’s costs of good sold, and to ensure the proper valuation of accounting standard costs, inventories and CapEx for purchased and manufactured products worldwide.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be a leader in determining and managing our operation’s internal and external manufacturing capacity. Work cross functionally to understand near and long-term demand needs.
- Partner with the Operations leadership team to determine where our capabilities are differentiated for internal investment versus where outsourcing is a better solution in managing Company’s overall capital investment needs.
- Lead and manage inventory costing and reserves processes and systems. Drive delivery of a consistent cycle count process.
- Manage the product and material costing analyses (including annual standard cost build) and reporting. Support the enhancement of tools and data accuracy for project and material costs analyses and reporting.
- Analyze department budgeted and standard run rate by key spending category (Labor, Depreciation, Raw Material Consumption, Operating Expenses, etc.), which includes comparison to actual, prior plan, and judgment of reasonableness.
- Analyze accounting processes and expenses to make recommendation for improved operating efficiencies within the cost accounting group and to strengthen internal controls.
- Update / maintain process documentation and transaction support to satisfy external and internal auditors.
- Evaluate ROI (investment and cost benefits) associated with Value Engineering (VE) and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Implement and drive simplification initiatives and continuous improvement projects in the operations finance environment.
- Work with cross functional leadership and teams on a day-to-day basis to understand cost drivers and implement cost controls, provide departmental spend reporting and analyses to managers.
- Work with the accounting staff, IT and other functional groups to identify, recommend and implement streamlined and automated processes.
- Plan, direct, and monitor the activities related to development and organization of the company's costs system, involving analysis of the real cost of the products and their respective contribution margins.
- Interpret and disseminate the cost accounting information to management; may participate in the most complex cost accounting projects.
- Ensure team is providing investigation and explanation of variances to Plan and Forecast for all accounts within responsibility
- Inspire and develop the team through great direction and coaching, performance reviews and growing individual skills and knowledge
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in Accounting, Finance or similar field. MBA, CPA, or CMA preferred but not required.
- 10+years of overall experience in Cost accounting /Manufacturing accounting required.
- 5+ years of managerial/supervisory experience required preferable in manufacturing environment required.
- Cost accounting, economic/financial modeling skills and analyses expertise
- Experience with SAP required.
- Experience working in a high volume, regulated, innovative product development environment.
- Experience working in a fully-integrated MRP/ERP/GL system within a manufacturing company; SAP experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications.
- Demonstrated ability to foster and develop a strong team that partner with the business to drive growth.
- Ability to assess risks and opportunities within complex business situations.
- Demonstrated ability to recommend and make decisions quickly under any situation.
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to interact effectively with employees/management.
- Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization(s).
- Proven ability to present forecasts, budgets and other documentation to the management team.
- Proven ability to effect cost improvements through data analysis and partnering with management team.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
Knowledge of financial regulations, policies, practices, and principles. Ability to effectively coordinate activities with other departments.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
Highly skilled in Microsoft Office; PC office equipment, accounting software, and spreadsheet. Use of SAP required. Proficient with BI tools (TM1, PowerBI preferred). Proficient use of financial systems and Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint - spreadsheet creation/editing – pivot tables, data analysis / manipulation and formula creation, etc. Power Point – presentation creation, editing)
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to comprehend and apply mathematical principles to the degree required to perform the job based upon job requirements.
Language and Communication Skills:
Ability to comprehend and apply language skills to the degree required to perform the job based upon the job requirements listed above. Ability to verbally communicate ideas and issues effectively to other team members and management. Ability to write and record data and information as required by procedures.
This position will be based out of our Ave Maria site; however this person will travel weekly to our locations in Naples and Fort Myers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.