Stone Branch School of Art/Open Space Gallery seeks a flexible and energetic person to provide administrative and communications support. We are a small organization so this hire must be willing to take on a variety of roles and occasional evening and weekend hours. The position is part time 20 hours a week with the potential for full time employment. Compensation is based on qualifications.
Only applicants who submit a resume, cover letter and a list of 3 plus references will be considered for the position.
The Assistant should be a self-starter who possesses a rigorous attention to detail, be thorough in their daily assignments, have the ability to quickly move from one task to the next, and be able to learn in a non-linear fashion. This position may also require you to work some hours to prepare or cover for events
We are seeking someone that enjoys working in an environment with creative individuals who value and maintain a high standard in their work.
We as seeking an individual who would like to make a long-term commitment.
Key Job Responsibilities
- * Answer all calls, retrieve voice mails and pass messages along to the appropriate staff members.
- * Log all phone calls
- * Greet all clients and visitors to the office in a professional and courteous manner.
- Maintain student database and provide staff with current class lists.
- * Send and receive emails, faxes, mail and courier parcels for the office. Prioritize and distribute received mail as appropriate
- Provide simple updates to website.
- * Provide administrative support to the staff
- Give tours of school and answer questions. Provide visitors with appropriate class and registration information
- * Maintain an efficient filing system for the office
- * Receive and store all office supplies; ensure adequate supplies are maintained
- * Coordinate the maintenance of all office equipment with appropriate vendors
- * Special projects as assigned
- Maintain general tidiness of studio.
- Maintain office calendars including meeting calendars and others as assigned; .
- Assist with marketing tasks as needed including occasional event planning
- * * At least two years (2) experience in a similar position and/or office environment.
- * Strong working knowledge of computers and proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of products, Word/ Excel/ Power point, etc.
- Knowledge of Photoshop/Illustrator/ InDesign helpful but not a requirement.
- * Proficiency with the Internet and e-mail
- * A professional understanding of social media tools and platforms;
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills a MUST!;
- Able to concentrate on multiple problems/tasks at once;
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills with poise.
- Requires someone with their own transportation
- Professional; diplomatic with clients.
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision;
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas;
- Comfortable in a team-player role;
- * Flexible and able to manage multiple requirements & tasks in a fast-paced, changing environment
- * Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- * Superior organizational skills
- * Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy
- * Strong team player in a small tight-knit office
- * Good sense of humor
- *Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Possess strong organizational skills and innate ability to multi-task, handle multiple deadlines simultaneously and not be easily flustered.
- Must be punctual, motivated and have teamwork skills.
- Positive Attitude
- Must be Detail Oriented
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $13.00 to $17.00 /hour
- relevant: 2 years (Preferred)
- office: 2 years (Preferred)
- 10 Key: 1 year (Preferred)
- QuickBooks: 1 year (Preferred)
- Rockville, MD 20852 (Required)
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Processing payments
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction