JOB TITLE: Clinic Nurse Manager
EMPLOYER: GI Care for Kids
REPORTS TO: Operations Director
EFFECTIVE DATE: 08/25/2020
SUMMARY: GI Care for Kids is a free-standing, physician owned pediatric gastroenterology practice with 15 physicians, 4 advanced practice providers. In addition to providing professional services, GI Care for Kids also offers nutrition counseling and psychology services. We are looking for someone with physician office-based nursing experience as well as management experience. The Clinic Nurse Manager (RN) is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the clinic team members to ensure compassionate, effective and efficient delivery of high- quality clinical care for patients. Clinic Nurse Manager is responsible for managing the nurses, MAs and LPNs who provide one-on-one support to each physician and the Medical
Assistants for all office locations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate and supervise the activities of clinic team members engaged in clinical care of patients under the supervision of a medical provider for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease.
- Organize and assign duties and tasks to clinic team members.
- Establish clinic team member work schedules monthly, sending out weekly updated clinical coverage.
- Coordinate staffing coverage for all clinic team members as needs arise on an urgent basis related to unforeseen employee circumstances (illness/accident).
- Monitor daily performance of clinic team member to ensure duties are completed accurately, efficiently and timely. Monitor and control overtime.
- Review and respond to time off requests based on PTO accrual balance.
- Work with Payroll to finalize and approve time sheets, mileage to satellite locations and on-call pay.
- Evaluate performance conduct verbal and written performance evaluations after 30 days, 90 days and annually.
- Initiate the interview process for potential candidates for clinic staff positions.
- Conduct orientation and training on clinic policies and procedures.
- Identify, recommend and develop clinic policies and procedures for all clinical tasks and ensure these procedures comply with current state and federal regulations within the scope of the clinic team members’ job description.
- Review all procedures annually to confirm procedures remain valid and applicable. .
- Identify problems and provide direction to correct and avoid future problems as appropriate.
- Maintain adequate clinical supplies. Ensure supply purchases are cost efficient and within budget set forth by practice administrator.
- Organize samples of formula/medications and monitor low levels, work with formula/medication reps as needed to ensure adequate par levels.
- Ensure clinical equipment remains in operating condition, including AED machine, oxygen tanks, pulse oximeter, scales and other equipment used by clinic staff.
- Ensure high quality clinical care for patients by reviewing and researching concerns or complaints and recommending corrective action as appropriate.
- Assist clinic staff and providers with maintaining patient flow to ensure patients are seen in a timely and efficient manner.
- Conduct monthly staff meetings with all clinic team members, either in person or virtual as needed.
- Attend and participate in management staff meetings as scheduled and relay pertinent information to clinic team members in a timely manner.
- Attend periodic training sessions and meetings related to position.
- Maintain RN licensure and CPR certification.
- Maintain excellent communication and effective working relationships with patients, providers, as well as all staff, administration and supervisor colleagues.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Directly supervises employees within the Nursing department, Medical Assistants and
Procedure Scheduling, others as assigned.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems .
- Associate’s Degree (AA) or higher required with at least 5 years of clinical nursing experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3-5 years of medical office experience.
- 3-5 years of supervisory and management experience.
- Certificates, licenses and registrations required: RN
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office
- Electronic medical record (EMR) skills required: EPIC.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment- free environment; builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments; matches the responsibility to the person; gives authority to work independently; sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; provides recognition for results.
- Interpersonal Skills - focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; makes self available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); fosters quality focus in others; improves processes, products and services.; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, grasping, carrying and speaking
- Occasional reaching, bending and stooping
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling up to 50 pounds, with assistance if needed.
- Frequent use of computer, keyboard, copy/fax machine, and phone
- Possible exposure to infectious specimens (blood or bodily fluids or airborne pathogens).
- May be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- Fast paced environment with occasional high pressure or emergent situations.
- Work hours subject to office needs to ensure coverage during all hours of operation.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $105,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
All staff are screened for COVID-19 symptoms upon reporting to work. All staff are required to wear masks while in the clinic and to socially distance at all times.
- clinical nursing : 5 years (Required)
- management: 4 years (Required)
Relocation Assistance Provided:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible