Chain IQ is an independent, global service company providing strategic, tactical and operational
procurement for its clients. Chain IQ operates from its main centers – Zurich (headquarters), New York,
London, Singapore, Mumbai and Bucharest – and is currently servicing more than 20 countries (including
China, Hong Kong, Japan and Australia).
To further strengthen our team in Jersey City, we are seeking a dynamic, client-focused personality to join
us as a
Sourcing Specialist – Professional Services
The candidate must have experience in the end-to-end sourcing with a concentration in professional
services (management consultants, financial consultants, dealing with big 4, IT consulting, onsite and
offshore for time and material and fixed price engagements, etc.).
Your main responsibilities:
- Leading and driving assigned sourcing initiatives, which vary in terms of scope and scale, from
inception all the way to PO dispatch
- Conducting market tenders and managing the evaluation across a cross-functional team to
determine supplier selection
- Understanding business requirements and shaping deals to meet those requirements
- Negotiating deals to achieve optimal commercial terms
- Drafting contracts based on standard terms and conditions
- Working with Information security, compliance, marketing, accounts payable, and other similar
control functions that influence a deal
- Practicing sound procurement practices and demonstrating procure
- Responding to client queries and concerns and representing the procurement organization in a
highly customer service and client orientation light
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with our business partners
- Heavily using an in-house contract management system and an Oracle PeopleSoft system for
spend approvals, both which require daily updates via comments.
- Building relationships with key suppliers and multiple client groups.
- Maintaining market awareness for assigned categories and contributing to sourcing area plans
and business development.
- Adhering to the Chain IQ corporate standards, including using the defined sourcing tools and
processes in delivery of sourcing initiatives
- Bachelors Degree required (Supply Chain, Financial Services, Finance concentration, and/or
MBA would be a plus).
- 3-5 years experience in sourcing across various categories with a minimum of 2 years of sourcing
experience within consulting categories
- Proven capability of running sourcing projects in a fast paced environment
- Ability to drive end to end sourcing engagements and steer the dialogue between vendors and
client stakeholders tactfully
- Use Microsoft office tools to create and present deal summaries and create financial models to
present commercial options to stakeholders.
- Experience in understanding contracts and ability to draft contract language to convey
commercial and risk requirements
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Client/stakeholder focus within the corporate environment with the gravitas to influence senior
- Have the ability to juggle multiple clients, multiple projects, and travel in-between client sites
through the day as needed.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, often to tight deadlines, and deliver results
- Experience in working with market leading sourcing tools and systems
- Professional team player, motivated and highly flexible
Did we pique your interest? We would be pleased to receive your full application at
firstname.lastname@example.org with the mentioning of the reference number #400235.