W hy Join Prudential?
Prudential is a company of smart, ambitious professionals working together across a multitude of disciplines. Together, we are building a better financial future for our customers and our communities around the globe. At Prudential, we understand that a company is only as good as its people. This simple fact is central to all that we do. We call it “the Talent Mindset” – a company-wide commitment to attract and develop the dedicated professionals whose insights, innovation, and hard work fuel our success and make us a global leader in financial services.
As a Dedicated Life Consultant
(DLC) in Individual Life Insurance, you will become a significant part of our expanding Institutional Distribution Channel. You will increase sales of individual life insurance products primarily through Edward Jones financial advisors as well as other accounts as assigned. You will engage in both wholesaling and point of sales activities with an emphasis on point of sale. You will interact predominantly with financial advisors whose primary business is the sale of financial products other than life insurance. This is one position covering Arizona and New Mexico.
· Accountable for sales results within assigned territory through financial advisor relationships, including assisted (point of sale) and unassisted sales activity, primarily through a point of sale focus
· Develop and execute individual sales plan to meet or exceed annual sales goal
· Meet assigned activity requirements (e.g., assisted sales calls with financial advisors) and firm production goals
· Demonstrate thorough knowledge of Prudential's products, services and programs, and effectively use this knowledge to compete/sell in the marketplace
· Identify potential financial advisors within assigned territory and create sales opportunities
· Provide initial and on-going training to financial advisors within the territory in the use/sale of Prudential’s products and services
· Present financial advisors with sales ideas to assist them in selling Prudential’s products and meet with clients when appropriate
· Practice effective expense management; complete and submit accurate expense reports in a timely manner
· Effective liaison between the Home Office and financial advisors with regards to underwriting, commissions, customer service, licensing questions, etc.
· Maintain up-to-date calendar and record of all sales activity
· Miscellaneous duties as required by Divisional Vice President (DVP)
Does this sound like you? Our successful candidate has:
Preferred Experience and Education:
- Minimum 5 years’ direct point of sale life insurance wholesaling experience and/or individual life retail sales/retail sales management experience
- Prudential internal candidates must have the required minimum 5 years’ sales experience OR must have at least 2 years’ experience as a Prudential Regional Marketing Specialist with demonstrated readiness for progression to a DLC role
- Thorough knowledge of advanced sales concepts and life insurance marketplace
- Strong presentation and seminar selling skills
- Ability to build and manage relationships effectively
- Ability to work with other financial professionals on joint sales calls
- A bility to motivate and influence others
- Demonstrated adaptability and resourcefulness
- Ability to leverage the organization, business and financial knowledge
- FINRA Series 6/7 and Series 63/66 Registrations and State Life & Health Insurance license required
- Position requires overnight travel
- Professional designations (e.g., CFP, CLU, ChFC)
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.