Program Scheduler Specialist(Job Number: 040803)
Grant Thornton is seeking a Part-time Associate
to join its Operations Transformation service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
Please Note: This is a part time role expected to work 20-25 hours per work.
- Maintain project schedules for 2 large programs.
- Involves regular status and cross-checking client schedules with vender schedules and technical staff.
- Ensure milestones are being met.
- Identify schedule trends, conduct critical path analysis, and recommend schedule optimization.
- Communicate schedule problems to management.
- Maintain adhoc schedules that are not in the master schedules.
- Serve as POC for all schedule relates activities and questions.
- Coach project team members (incl. government and contractor staff) on Schedule as needed.
- Ad hoc request support (e.g., assistance with program documentation development, coordination of meeting logistics, responding to external information requests for the program office, research activities)
- Manage multiple sources of input and reconcile when differences occur.
- Work with team members to trouble-shoot schedule discrepancies and report up through the leadership chain.
- Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization).
- Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- EVM experience is required.
- At least 6 years of professional experience with a bachelors.
- 2-3 of experience with program schedule management
- Perform analysis, reporting, and change management activities with program schedules.
- Ability to build and maintain client relationships
- Ability to facilitate meetings, document minutes and action items, and clearly communicate them with the program office
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements.
Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Primary Location - US-District of Columbia-Washington
Work Locations - District of Columbia(951)
Suite 400 1250 Connecticut Ave NW