Help us ‘teach flu a lesson’! Every year, thousands of students miss valuable time in the classroom due to the Influenza Virus. Join us in protecting community-wide health by safely vaccinating children and preventing the spread of infection.
The Healthy Schools Area Office Manager will be responsible for the management and oversite of a regional office in Falls Church, VA for school-based vaccine clinics. The main responsibilities include flu vaccine clinics, adolescent immunization clinics, HEDIS clinics and back-to-school events.
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Hub Office Management
- Vaccine inventory and reconciliation (work closely with Healthy School HQ to provide daily counts of vaccines, numbers vaccinated), receive and stock vaccines, maintain cold chain requirements and inventory logs)
- Monitor refrigerator temps and reporting, including uploading temp probes
- Vaccine logistics packing in coolers daily maintaining ‘chain of cold’
- Pack go-kits daily with necessary supplies
- Maintain office supply inventory; including Go Kit supplies, vaccine needs, Lab supplies and office supplies
- Organize and store all consents according to HIPPA regulations.
- Responsible for the organization and cleanliness of regional office
2. Staff Management
- Daily coordinating of staff schedules with Hub Scheduler
- Communicate school assignments including starting locations, times, directions to Scheduler on a weekly basis
- Assist with scheduling and/or staffing changes as needed
- Manage daily team schedules and lead Team Coordinators.
- Communicate with all regional teams as they are in the field, providing guidance and assistance throughout the day
- Verify submitted time sheets provided daily for all clinicians
3. Clinic Coordination
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Solve issues as they arise during all clinic days. Communicate delays or difficulties directly with schools
- Track progress through text/phone call with Team Coordinators.
- Access and assign Float Teams as needed to complete daily clinics as scheduled
- Answer on-call phone for question from schools/parents (numbers on consents and parent letters). Log school/parent calls and send weekly update to Healthy Schools HQ
- Rental car budget and management of ordering and returning
- Maintaining HIPAA laws and regulations in regard to patient information
- Bachelor’s degree or 2 years of experience in Business Management, Marketing, Public Relations or similar field
- Clinical or Healthcare experience preferred
- Multi-tasker interested in balancing a variety of responsibilities
- Detail-oriented and professional manner
- Professional communication and reporting abilities
- Problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Thorough understanding of business development and process logistics
- Tech Savvy’ with high level proficiency of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Computer skills - especially in Excel, Google Docs/Sheets
- Flexibility is imperative - early days or late days are to be expected with this position
If interested, please send resume to Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org