PACE Enterprises needs a Job Specialist to work with individuals with disabilities by providing supervision and assistance at various service locations. An employee in this position drives a company vehicle to multiple worksites throughout the day and works as a member of the crew performing grounds maintenance and janitorial duties. Our Job Specialists are specialized Direct Support Professionals who serves as a trainer while working outside and inside on the mobile work crew.
Hours of operation are Monday-Friday 7:30am - 3:00pm. This specific assignment is typically 30+ hours per week.
The Job Specialist works in the IDD Waiver program. This is a structured program in which the staff member follows an individualized plan to guide a program participant toward improved work skills and a successful work experience. The work is often janitorial services in an office environment. All training provided (paid).
Staff who work directly with individuals with developmental disabilities in this program say that this job is very rewarding and they love coming to work! If you are selected for an interview you will take a tour and see for yourself what a supportive and encouraging work environment we have.
- Requires a valid drivers' license and good driving record.
- Experience using a computer for basic data entry; able to write clear and descriptive notes.
- Must be able to keep track of details such as task worked on and time to complete while multi-tasking as a trainer.
- All positions require completion of a criminal background check.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $11.75 - $12.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Custodial Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)