Intensive Outpatient Program Coordinator-LCSW(Job Number:
United States-Florida-Pensacola-West Florida Hospital
Supervisors Team Leaders & Coordinators
The IOP Program Coordinator manages the Intensive Outpatient Program, part of the Psychiatric Treatment Services of Fort Walton Beach Medical Center. The Program Coordinator is responsible for the implementation, facilitation, coordination, and evaluation of the Intensive Outpatient Program in conjunction with the Director of Psychiatric Services, the Medical Director and the Chief of Psychiatry. The IOP Program Coordinator provides direct leadership and supervises the growth and development of the Program; above all, ensuring that the needs of the patients and their families and caregivers are given paramount priority.
Based on established needs, coordinating with the Director, and with input from service directors and staff, implements the Intensive Outpatient Program in order to better meet patient and family needs.
Coordinates, with the Director, the implementation of clinical goals, policies, and services of the IOP with the Chief of Psychiatry, attending psychiatrists, and appropriate hospital personnel.
Facilitates individual, group and family therapy processes for patients per individualized and documents per policy.
Facilitates treatment team and completes treatment plan documentation per policy.
Serves as a liaison with the inpatient level of care, community agencies and individuals to insure the timely delivery of comprehensive, integrated mental health services for consumers.
Supervises other personnel associated with the IOP.
Coordinates needed liaison with managed care entities including documentation and required clinical reviews.
Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
Serves as the patient advocate with respect to the patient’s right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues
Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient’s care which results in patient harm.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Master’s degree in social work (MSW) required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- State of Florida LCSW License required
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Must demonstrate progressive experience in leadership and/or program coordination and a background with the mental health community to provide services and effective supervision of the social work group.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of and have experience in individual, group, and family therapy processes.
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to communicate therapeutic interactions
- Knowledge of body substance isolation
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Computer skills – word processing, Word, Excel