CGI is seeking students interested in careers in the Information Technology field. CGI is more than just an IT consulting company; we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. Become part of a unique culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, to make decisions, to achieve your full potential and to chart your own career.
Our Software Developers typically have a demonstrated interest in information technology and business, strong problem-solving abilities, and excellent interpersonal skills. Software Developers will be placed on one of our many projects and could be doing a number of different tasks including but not limited to systems design, systems and applications development, data design and database administration.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
What you'll do (assignments may include responsibilities in one or more of the following areas):
What you'll gain:
- Systems design- Analysis of a system's requirements to create a design, system components and a working model.
- Systems and applications development- Conversion of information from design specifications to programming code. Writing specific programs by analyzing workflow charts and diagrams and applying knowledge of computer capabilities to satisfy system requirements.
- Data design and database administration- Analysis, classification and maintenance of an organization's data and data relationships. Developing data models necessary to support a system's functions and operations. Defining and maintaining data security and integrity.
- Involvement in the technical components of a client project
- Exposure to business issues and challenges
- Opportunity to leverage your computer knowledge and analytical skills
Join our team and experience the commitment at CGI!
CGI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
What you'll need:
What you can expect from us:
- Bachelors degree required in a relevant field (i.e.: Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a similar major with extensive computer-based or technical content)
- Experience with C++, J2EE, Java, C# and/or .Net development
- A great attitude and hunger for learning
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity
- Ability to work within a team environment
- 3.0 GPA is strongly preferred
- Ability to work in the U.S. for an indefinite period of time with ability to obtain a US Government clearance
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.