Gas Field Specialists, Inc. is an independent gas service company with offices located in New York and Pennsylvania. Exemplary customer relationships drive our growth and prosperity. GFS is committed to working safely, having pride and integrity in all aspects of our work, and respecting all coworkers and customers. By doing so, GOAL ZERO becomes attainable. The honesty, intelligence and commitment of our people are vital to GFS's mission. We share pride in the Company and respect each individual's contribution at every level.
Gas Field Specialists, Inc. is seeking a Laborer. The Laborer performs physical labor on construction and maintenance work where some skill and experience is required.
Specific Educational/Vocational Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED or vocational training.
- Combination of education, experience and training may be substituted for these requirements.
- Cleans and prepares construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
- Erects and disassembles scaffolding, shoring, braces, traffic barricades, ramps, and other temporary structures.
- Handles pipe, pipe fittings, hand tools, and stocks necessary material as required.
- Builds concrete forms for outside construction, pours and levels concrete, strips and removes forms, and cleans area when work is finished.
- Assists in the construction, repair and replacement of natural gas pipelines and natural gas related equipment.
- Assists in excavation work by hand digging ditches or trenches, backfilling excavations, breaking out concrete or asphalt, compacting and leveling earth to grade specifications, and shoring and bracing underground excavation.
- Assists the crafts by hauling materials to job sites and cleaning debris from work site.
- Signals equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery, equipment, and materials.
- Performs miscellaneous duties (such as placing barricades, installing temporary fencing, and concrete controlling traffic around work zones as directed).
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- One (1) to two (2) years of experience using construction tools and equipment including air hammer, concrete saw, patent scaffolding, trench digging equipment, etc.
- Knowledge of asbestos removal and handling.
- Working knowledge of Oil and Gas Industry.
- Ability to keep company proprietary information confidential.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite) and above average math skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work successfully with a wide variety of people at different levels within the organization.
- Detail orientated with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively supervise one or more employees.
- Ability to work various schedules including nights/weekends and local/regional travel.
Selected applicant will be subject to background check and pre-employment physical with drug/alcohol testing. We offer competitive salary & benefits package including Medical/Dental/Vision, 401K Plan, and Paid Time Off.
Qualified applicants may visit our website (http://www.gfsinc.net/) to complete an online application.
Gas Field Specialists, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.