Pharmacy Technician PRN(Job Number: 26760-1112)
Work Location: United States-Florida-Palatka-Putnam Community Medical Center
Schedule: PRN/Per Diem
Job Type: Pharmacy & Pharmacy Tech
Putnam Community Medical Center
, a 99-bed, acute care facility, located at 611 Zeagler Drive, in Palatka, provides the latest technology with the assurance of highly trained, caring professionals to the residents of Putnam County. The hospital serves North Central Florida with a full complement of quality healthcare services while maintaining cost-effectiveness.
The hospital provides individualized care directed to the specific needs of each patient. Putnam Community Medical Center offers a 10-bed Intensive/Critical Care Unit, Step-Down Care Unit, Cardiac Cath Lab, medical and surgical units, family birthplace center, and a 24-hour emergency department. We also provide inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services.
Following physicians' orders, the Registered Pharmacy Tech assists pharmacists by filling routine orders for unit does and prepackaged pharmaceutical dispenses medications. Counts, packages, and labels unit does for inspection by pharmacist.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists pharmacists as directed, including filling orders and preparing labels.
- Prepares I.V. mixtures and operates automated systems.
- Maintains pharmacy inventory and performs clerical duties.
- Maintains strong knowledge of hospital policies and government regulations and performs dispensing duties accordingly.
- Assists with quality improvement initiatives, inventory and ordering of pharmaceuticals.
- Orients and mentors staff.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- State of Florida Registration as a Pharmacy Tech required.
- Minimum of one year pharmacy tech experience; hospital setting preferred.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus