Harold Levinson Associates, Inc. Warehouse / Distribution Center
Rt. 110 - Farmingdale NY 11375
We are a family owned and operated company for over 37-years with the “hands-on approach of its shareholders who lead in the day-to-day operations. Currently, we are one of the largest convenience store distributors in the Northeast. Our greatest resources are the 575+ dedicated associates who represent the Company in many different facets of our business. We have an 500,000-sq. distribution center in Farmingdale NY (Rt. 110).
We are looking to add strong talent to our ever-growing family. We believe that the success of all of our employees is due to the excellent training and development that we offer. We are looking for individuals who are not just looking for their next career, but their last job. The key to any employee’s success here is their strong personality to succeed and commitment to hard work!
Founded in 1977, Harold Levinson Associates is a leading distributor to the convenience store industry and provides candy, cigarettes and cigars, frozen and refrigerated foods, as well as its own Island Coffee brand of coffee products to over 12,500 customers located throughout the United States. Currently ranked as the 6th largest wholesaler to the convenience store industry, the company services its customers from six strategic distribution centers located in New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania.
Our greatest resources are the 650+ dedicated associates who represent the Company in many different facets of our business.
We are looking to add strong talent to our ever-growing family. We believe that the success of all of our employees is due to the hard work and dedication of our staff. We are looking for individuals who are not just looking for their next career, but their last job. The key to any employee’s success here is a strong personality to succeed and commitment to hard work! Come join us.
We are looking for a strong Call Center Agent to join our GROWING TEAM! A strong personality is key to right applicant’s success!
Department: Customer Service / Grocery Order Entry
Work Environment: Office
Work Status: Entry Level
Job Classification: Hourly
Schedule: PartTime / Mon- Fri 9:00am-1:00pm
Dress Code: Business Casual
Training: Paid training
- Obtains client information by answering telephone calls; interviewing clients; verifying information.
- Determines eligibility by comparing client information to requirements.
- Establishes policies by entering client information; confirming pricing.
- Informs clients by explaining procedures; answering questions; providing information.
- Maintains communication equipment by reporting problems.
- Maintains and improves quality results by adhering to standards and guidelines; recommending improved procedures.
- Updates job knowledge by studying new product descriptions; participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes sales and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Manage inbound and outbound calls in a timely manner
- Identify customers’ needs, clarify information, research every issue and provide solutions and/or alternatives
- Seize opportunities to upsell products when they arise
- Build sustainable relationships and engage customers by taking the extra mile
- Keep records of all conversations in our call center database in a comprehensible way
- 1-2 years’ experience basic understanding of Consumer Packaged Goods (non-durable goods such as packaged foods, beverages, toiletries, over-the-counter drugs and other consumables found in mini - convenience stores / grocery)
- Data Entry Skills (CRM)
- High school Diploma or GED
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Phone Skills /Listening
- Attention to Detail
- Previous experience in a customer support role 1- 2 year
- Familiarity with CRM systems and practices
- Customer focus and adaptability to different personality types
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and manage time effectively
- Ability close basic sales callsDesired Languages: · Korean· Hindi· Telugu· Tamil· Gujarati· Malayalam· PunjabiAfter 90 days of employment: · Medical coverage for self & family· Vacation accrual during first year of employment· Pension contribution made by company· One week vacation
Pre-Employment: Pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screening, Background Check)
- Account Management Coordinator
- Account Manager
- Account Representative
- Administrative Assistant
- Bilingual Customer Service Representative
- Call Center Customer Support
- Client Account Assistant
- Corporate Account Specialist
- Client Service Specialist
- Contact Center Help Desk
- Contact Center Representative
- Customer Care Associate
- Customer Care Representative
- Customer Relationship Specialist
- Customer Service Agent
- Data Services Specialist
- Front Desk Agent / Front Desk Associate
- Guest Service Representative
- Help Desk Associate
- Medical Receptionist
- Online Customer Support
- Inbound /Outbound Calling Representative
- Appointment Setter
- Order Taker
- Collection specialist
- Switchboard Operator
- 7-Eleven Inc.
- Sunoco LP
- BP America Inc.
- Kroger Co. Convenience Division
- Wawa Inc.
- Cumberland Farms
- Quick Chek Corp.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $13.00 /hour
- Data Entry Skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- convenience stores /grocery: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- English & Read (Preferred)
- foreign language (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)