- 7+ years of progressive corporate and/or search firm recruiting experience with a focus on executive level candidate generation in a complex and competitive market
- 5+ years of experience advising and influencing executive leadership
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon’s fastest-growing business, is scaling at an unprecedented rate, as Cloud computing continues to expand to be the technological standard across the globe. With over 175 Cloud computing capabilities, AWS remains the market leader in Cloud infrastructure and innovation strategies. AWS’ Public Sector business supports mission-critical public sector customers across the globe, spanning National and Local Governments, K-12 and Higher Education, and Non-Profits, such as the Department of Defense, the Federal Bureau of Investigations, and the US Census Bureau. There are currently 7000 government agencies, 10,000 educational institutions, and 25,000 non-profit organizations in the Cloud.
Government, Education, and Non-profit organizations face unique challenges to accomplish complex missions with limited resources. Public sector leaders engaged in unique cloud computing projects overwhelmingly turn to the power and speed of Amazon Web Services when they want to serve citizens more effectively, achieve scientific breakthroughs, reach broader constituents, and invest more of their time and resources into their core missions. The AWS Worldwide Public Sector (WWPS) team is a cross-functional organization dedicated to building on and evangelizing the tremendous feature sets of AWS to solve mission-critical opportunities for customers.
As AWS’s Public Sector business doubles in size YoY, the world-wide Sales and Services teams are busy meeting the market demand for Amazon Web Services. The centralized Amazon Executive Recruiting team is seeking a creative, intellectually curious, experienced Senior Executive Recruiter to support the WW Public Sector Sales & Services business to scale by identifying, engaging, and hiring top leaders for executive level positions that will have significant, positive impact on the AWS business, and the customers they serve.
If you are interested in joining a highly collaborative and collegial team of experienced Executive Search professionals, with the opportunity to innovate by sharing best practices, and identifying new ways to leverage technology to streamline and enhance the team’s capabilities, while receiving personal and professional development and growth opportunities, then Amazon wants to know who you are!
The Senior Executive Recruiter is fully responsible for owning and executing executive level (Director and Vice President) searches across the AWS Public Sector Sales and Professional Services organization. Qualified candidates will be well-versed in all aspects of executive search including search/market strategy, creative candidate sourcing, candidate generation and development, client management, and offer negotiations.
Critical success factors in this role:
- Conducting research to map target companies and top talent for AWS
- Creating unique and robust search strategies to identify and attract the best and brightest
- Developing innovative ways to raise the bar on how Amazon recruits talent
- Calibrating candidates with hiring managers and senior leaders
- Developing prospects into candidates through engagement and assessment
- Continually contributing to the knowledge base of executive recruiting, and Amazon/AWS, by providing education on relevant industries and talent pools
- Building out talent networks and tapping knowledgeable industry sources to develop an on-going pool of candidates
- Leading client update meetings on active searches
- Conducting on-site interviews, participating in debriefs, performing 360 reference checks, and presenting employment offers on behalf of Amazon
- Providing strategic guidance and advice in a true partnership with executive leadership
- Working across the organization with key stakeholders such as Human Resources, Compensation, and the Business to ensure a superior client and candidate experience
Focus and Deliverables for the first 12 months:
- Learning Agility – possess the ability to learn new technology and product domains, and then quickly understand and apply this knowledge into effective search strategies
- Communication – a compelling communicator who can effectively engage executive stakeholders, and articulate complex arguments in a polished and professional manner
- Tact & High Judgement – possess the EQ necessary to know when to apply the right pressure and persuasion on prospects/candidates and hiring managers, and when to take a lighter approach
- Self-assured – a professional who is not easily thrown, is able to think on their feet, exhibit maturity, and execute highly confidential searches with senior leadership
- Outgoing and Personable – a desire and aptitude to interact with a variety of individuals, both within and outside the organization, to build and expand a network of valued contacts
- Resilience and Tenacity – the drive and perseverance necessary to achieve results and maintain a high bar for talent
- Ambiguity Tolerance – a level of comfort and confidence to begin search execution with limited data, and build the foundation of information through research and intellectual curiosity, creatively leveraging SMEs and knowledge partners to ensure successful strategy and execution
- Full Amazon and AWS immersion - learn our business models, competencies, and leadership principles
- Develop search strategies, conduct research, perform thorough assessments, and present qualified candidates for critical sales and professional services executive roles
- Learn about Amazon’s overall needs across functional areas and develop strategies for individual and team success in the identification and attraction of senior-level talent
- Executive recruiting experience in either a blue-chip, global in-house executive search team, or a top executive search firm
- Experience recruiting Sales and Professional Services professionals
- Knowledge of/Exposure to the Public Sector market
- Motivated by hiring and developing great talent
- Maintains relentlessly high standards
- Thinks strategically and stays on top of tactical execution
- Innovative mind-set with a focus on streamlining processes and enhancing best-practices
- Driven by results and Customer-Obsessed
- Collaborative by nature, and possessing a desire to be a part of a collegial, innovative, intellectually curious executive recruiting team
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.