Sr. Electrical Engineer - Power & Motion Focus
FLSA Status: Exempt
D3 Engineering is the #21 company on Rochester’s Chamber Top 100 List and continues to grow!
- Would you enjoy creating cutting-edge Autonomous Systems?
- Are you inspired by enabling technologies in real-world applications?
- Want to work in a collaborative, innovative environment?
D3 Engineering is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer with an electronics design and development background. Candidate will work as part of a team that supports the design, development, test, and integration of complex, embedded hardware/software systems.
A successful candidate will be curious and resourceful, with strong sense of quality.
D3 Engineering is an engineering services company specializing in real-time signal processing: hardware, software, and algorithms. We develop and produce embedded systems for some of the world’s most innovative technology companies. Our work enables next-generation products for performance-critical applications in medical, industrial, automotive, and defense.
- Strong understanding of electrical engineering principles in both analog and digital domains with the passion to continuously develop skills.
- Design of electrical circuits (analog and digital)
- Experience developing embedded and real-time systems in C or FPGA Design (Verilog and/or VHDL).
- Ability to guide and oversee layout designers, and provide clear layout constraints (PC board stack-up, component placement, high speed routing, etc.)
- Excellent problem solving & troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Ideally your background might also contain some of the following:
- Strong understanding of control theory as applied to power conversion and motion control (design-oriented analysis)
- Strong understanding of circuit board design for power electronics application, such as analog signal processing and gate driver circuits.
- Ability to implement power converter or control system simulation (such as Matlab/Simulink/PSpice)
- Familiarity using scripting languages to interface with hardware (Python or similar)
- Experience performing trade studies / tradeoff analyses
- Demonstrated technical leadership and facilitation skills
Key contributor in the design of electronic control systems (Typically power converters and motion control)
- Analog mixed signal circuit design; schematic entry, supervision of PCB layout and assembly, board debug and system integration
- Impact to all phases of the product development cycle which includes requirement/definition, design and development, verification (such as unit tests) and traceability matrix, and transfer
- Provide technical oversight and review support to development teams during product design and development
- Work as a member of an integrated project team
- Coach and mentor less experienced engineers
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering / Computer Engineering or similar field (Computer Science)
- 7+ years of related experience and/or equivalent combination
*Note: D3 Engineering does not sponsor visas.
No 3rd Parties, Please!
D3 Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 7 years (Preferred)
- Rochester, NY 14623 (Required)