Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
Operates and maintains equipment such as chillers, boilers, pumps, compressors, emergency generators, automatic transfer switches (ATS), cooling tower, and fire systems pumps, ensuring that all engines/equipment is operating in a safe and productive manner.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience:
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must have two years of experience working with and operating stationary engines and equipment such as boilers, air compressors, generators, refrigeration equipment, Chillers and Pumps.
- Knowledge of operating and working with 480v systems and higher.
- Pipefitters, Building Automation Techs, Pump Repairers, and Boiler Mechanics will also be considered.
- Must be able to communicate orally and in writing with co-workers and employees.
- Must be able to demonstrate skill in the proper use of hand tools.
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of stationary engines and equipment such, boilers, air compressors, generators and refrigeration equipment. Must be able to observe controls, interpret readings and make decisions on machine performance.
- Must be familiar with basic computer applications.
- Must be physically able to lift heavy loads, walk, stand for extended periods, and climb ladders.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.