- Supervising Experience
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Powerpoint
The Retail Banking Manager is responsible for providing leadership and management of the assigned location’s retail deposit and non-real estate loan delivery systems, including retail banking and teller services in order to meet the financial service needs of customers in the assigned community market area. The Retail Banking Manager will promotes an above average sales and service environment by exemplifying sales and service skills through their own production accomplishments. This position ensures adherence to policy, process, and compliance and internal controls through involvement with assigned staff. Works with Senior Management to achieve profitability and manage risk. Encourages and models a high level of teamwork and motivation.
- Provides consistent superior customer service in a friendly, efficient and accurate manner.
- Works with Market President to establish growth, sales and profit objectives for the assigned location in a manner that will be measured and controlled.
- Ensures that the bank location assigned is properly staffed for customer service needs as well as officer coverage at all times.
- Participates in creating objective and subjective goals for assigned staff; monitors progress and provides continual feedback in a timely manner to the employee, the supervisor and the Marketing Director.
- Makes certain that all bank operations are performed in accordance with established bank policies and procedures, either directly or through appropriate staff e.g. balancing, control of vault cash, etc. makes recommendations for changes and improvements as appropriate.
- Provides for the proper security, maintenance and cleanliness of the office; supervises the opening and closing of the building and vault; makes necessary provisions for the securing and account of negotiable papers.
- Sells and promotes a variety of deposit and loan products and services to customers. To include but not be limited to answering questions, taking applications and approving or rejecting applications within individual authority levels.
- Maintains current knowledge of federal and state regulations pertinent to assigned office operations.
- Monitors overdrawn checking accounts and delinquencies for the assigned location in an accurate and timely manner. Proactively works delinquent accounts.
- Communicates with other Bank departments to assist in answering questions and resolving issues in a friendly and timely manner.
- Makes certain that all customer service and teller personnel are adequately trained both with respect to product knowledge and selling techniques in an effective manner. Results of such training will be exemplified in their results.
- Ensures that all sales and customer service reporting information is provided in a timely manner so that the supervisor and the Retail Sales and Marketing Director have the most current information available to them.
- Conducts regular meetings with teller and customer service staff to ensure assigned staff is fully informed of potential changes and expectations of the department in a timely manner.
- Interacts with senior management and other Bank officers to further expand existing customer relationships and develop new contacts.
- Participates in local organizations, clubs, and bank committees to promote the bank and to support the community. May be required to speak publicly and represent the Bank in community events.
- Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the Bank’s compliance with all regulatory requirement; ensures that the office and all personnel adhere to the same.
- Ensures confidentiality of bank and customer service data throughout the life of the loans serviced.
- Maintain proficiency in using all applicable software to this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, experience, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Minimum of two years of college. Must have a minimum of 5 years personal banking experience. Must have satisfactorily passed a Principles of Banking class or be able to present proof of same. Previous supervisory experience required.
- Communication Skills: Must possess good verbal skills to effectively communicate with internal/external customers. Strong written skills are needed to accurately and clearly describe the details of a variety of transactions.
- Technical Skills: Must have relevant computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Prior experience using Jack Henry Experience banking products is preferred.
- Physical Demands and Environmental Working Conditions: Work is performed within an office environment. Frequent mental and visual concentration for computer use is required. Potentially will drive to a seminar or one of the various bank locations.