Home Partners of America, Inc. (the “Company”) is organized as a real estate investment trust (“REIT”). The Company is a private owner and operator of high quality single-family retail homes, with a unique business model that provides residents with the ability to initially lease and to later own attractive housing.
- Daily, weekly, monthly and period-end closing duties including preparation and review of entries and reconciliations. Areas of focus would include general accruals, preparation of lender-based reporting, and other areas.
- Assist in the coordination and support of third-party auditors.
- Collaborate with other teams within the organization including Operations, Treasury, and Property Accounting.
- Execute internal controls with a continuous improvement and ownership mentality.
- Provide informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years of experience within an accounting firm or company with exposure to the real estate industry, asset management, or private equity-backed companies preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required. CPA
- Experience with Yardi is desired and strong Microsoft Excel skills are required.
- Strong analytical skills and financial acumen. Creative and innovative approach tosolving problems and resolving issues.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize work andmeet deadlines.
- Committed to personal and professional development of self and colleagues.
Compensation This is an exempt position. The Company offers a competitive benefits package.
Director of Accounting
Home Partners of America and Pathlight Property management is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions including the decision to hire, promote, discipline or discharge are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity or sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability status, genetic information, veteran or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations in which we operate.