- High School Diploma or GED
- Management Experience
- Coaching Experience
- Microsoft Powerpoint
Be the best at what you do and join the team of Experts!
Service Experts is seeking a Regional Operations Manager to join our team with opportunities across the U.S.
The Regional Operations Manager supervises and optimizes operation processes and KPI’s in the Areas across the respective Region. The ROM works with the General Managers, Region Controller, and others in the centers and Field Support center.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Regional Operations Manager is a Regional Staff position responsible to:
Typical Region Size & Scope:
- Manage to KPI’s set by Region or SEI
- Resource for the Regional Director/Vice President to develop and implement best operational practices and performance across the region centers.
- Continuous improvement and process enhancements.
- Accountable for the KPIs of the Region, to include but not limited to:
- Labor Productivity and Efficiency
- Inventory Management
- Customer Satisfaction and Call Backs
- Employee Retention
- On Time Arrival
- Service Experts Standards (appearance, process, etc.)
- Others as defined by Regional Director/Vice President
- Conduct periodic ride along with Technicians in centers to review policy and procedures and benchmark best practices.
- Work with centers to optimize Dispatch operations ensuring best practices and other procedures are followed, as well as continuous improvements implemented.
- Support company initiatives such as the Customer Convenience Call/Loyalty Program, working with General Managers, Dispatchers, and Lead Coordinators.
- Ensure the centers are monitoring and maintaining licensing requirements in all locations and back up plans are in place.
- Coordinate with General Manager, Region Controller, and Field Support to help develop, implement, and enforce Flat Rate pricing strategies.
- Ensure General Managers have an established FAST champion program at centers and ensure training is complete and best practices are followed.
- Monitor Region parts and equipment spending and ensure preferred vendor policy is followed.
- Monitor and coach center management on working capital, specifically inventory of parts, supplies, equipment, and materials.
- Coordinate with General Managers to ensure proper training and development of field Technicians.
- Identify, develop, and mentor future leaders within the company.
- Serve as an Interim General Manager as required
- Assist in training new General Managers as required
- Other duties as assigned.
Health & Safety Roles & Responsibilities:
- Revenue: $75M - $150M
- Employees: 300 - 600
- # of centers: 10-15
- Lead by example by coaching and supporting the health and safety program in the Region.
- Conduct information sessions (weekly safety talks, staff meeting) as prescribed by the company program(s) or procedure(s).
- Work with centers to track and ensure all safety and health training, alerts, and inspections, and other requirements are met.
- Correct or provide the resources to correct substandard acts or conditions that you may come to light
- Conduct or provide resources to conduct health & safety training as prescribed by the company program(s) or procedure(s) in centers..
- Sporadically conduct health and safety observations and audits in centers in accordance with company program(s) or procedure(s).
- Assist General Managers in conducting accident/Incident Investigations as required.
- Comply with your duties as prescribed by local legal jurisdiction.
- Prepared and available for travel, as required, within the region and other locations as required.
- Ideally, will possess strong people management, leadership and professional skills and experience
- Exceptional written, verbal, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Training and coaching skills
- Exceptional problem-solving and planning skills.
- A complete and thorough understanding of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other relevant office software.
- A high degree of industry knowledge in areas such as systems and technology design, process improvement, operations management, etc.
- Knowledgeable in the servicing & installation of residential/light commercial HVAC equipment & accessories.
- Strongly prefer to have a post-secondary degree/diploma in a business or technical field.
- Prefer 7-10 years experience the HVAC/Refrigeration and/or Home Services Industry.
- Strong understanding and overall knowledge of the residential and commercial HVAC/Refrigeration industry.