We are seeking an experienced, highly motivated, dynamic individual to join our Chiropractic/Massage team. Ideal candidate will have prior experience in various accounting/bookkeeping tasks as well as insurance billing and credentialing knowledge. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, be highly organized, able to prioritize, and display a pleasant and calm demeanor at all times.
- Critical thinking, detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Works productively independently as well as in a team environment
- Insurance billing and credentialing experience
- Experienced in EDI billing
- Knowledge of online health portals used to update provider information (Availity, OneHealth Port, etc.)
- Knowledge of insurance authorization process
- Follow established office policies and procedures
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy regarding all details
- Collect and verify sensitive provider data
- QuickBooks knowledge a plus
- Honest, pleasant manner, and a team player
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Exceptional Customer Service
- Experienced in accounting
- Follow oral and written instructions
- Daily data entry
- Multi-tasking abilities
- Self starter
- Work well under pressure.
- Able to type 55+ words per minute.
- Performs medical billing functions
- Responsible for all phases of billing to insurance companies and clients, including initial billing of clean claims electronically, subsequent follow up on unpaid claims to the point of payment or resolution of the claim, and resolving credit balances.
- Receives and processes incoming payments from insurance companies and clients
- Reviews and processes electronic claims, claim edits and deletions appropriately and compliantly.
- Resolves and resubmits adjusted/corrected claims
- Researches and/or resolves overpayments/credit balances
- Preps payroll
- Patient/Client Aging of outstanding claims
- Receives and processes incoming applications and supporting credentials from providers
- Notifies providers of missing or expired documentation
- Responsible for monitoring and keeping current all provider attestation of credentialing
- Responsible for follow-up on unpaid client balances, schedule payment plans, send to claims to collections
- Performs other duties as required
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1+ Year Medical Office Experience
Able to pass a background check, drug test and past employment reference check.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $16.00 /hour